(Closed) Honeymoon Options: Thailand & Bali; Turkey & Croatia or

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Where would you go if you had the choice?
    Thailand & Bali : (43 votes)
    50 %
    Turkey & Croatia : (24 votes)
    28 %
    Spain and surrounding areas.. : (15 votes)
    17 %
    Other : (4 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 3
    444 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I haven’t been to Bali, but I LOVE Thailand and Vietnam. Asia in general is awesome, and you’re right, it’s easier to go there pre-kids.

Post # 4
    1902 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I have been to Turkey and Croatia, they are very beautiful places with golden beaches, good food too. Though I haven’t been anywhere else on your list. Why not check out reviews on trip adviser?

Post # 5
    5011 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

I voted Thailand and Bali because I love Thailand and I’d love to go to Bali. That said, Fiance and I went to Turkey last October and the beaches were gorgeous, the people friendly and (even in our all-inclusive resort) the food gorgeous.

Post # 6
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

My favorite place in the world is Thailand.  No lie.  I’ve been twice and am hoping to go back again maybe next year.  There’s so many options when there.  And when you are there, everything is fairly cheap.

I definitely recommend it.

I’ve also been to Turkey, and spent a day in Split, Croatia, and done Spain.  Thailand still wins for me.

Post # 7
    966 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Definately go to Bali. Just went there in September and absolutely loved it. I’ve also been to Thailand and it’s a great place for a honeymoon. If you decide on this trip PM me and I can give you some details of where to go.

Post # 9
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

In Thailand I went to (and the things I did there):

Bangkok: Kao San Road, Night Market, Day trip to Tiger caves, elephant ride,bamboo rafting, Ayutthaya

Chang Mai: Elephant reserve, Night market, Night Zoo (don’t go), Cooking class (highly recommend), Long Neck village visit (this was a bit weird)

Krabi (Ao Nang): Rock climbing, beach, boat tour (snorkeling)

Phuket: beach, kayaking, snorkeling

It’s all I can remember right now.  But I was only there for 3 weeks in total.  You can get tons of options.

Here’s where I also mention that my purse was stolen on my last day in Thailand…and I still love Thailand!

I think November for weather should be fine.  I’m pretty sure the rainy season ends in October.  I went in December both times, the weather was amazing.

Post # 11
    5423 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2012

I don’t think you can go wrong with your choices.  Of the options I’ve only been toSpain and loved it!  I think an “adventure” trip is awesome.  Why go to another country if your not going to explore?

Post # 12
    5093 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

Where’s the option for “all of the above”?  😛

I would do Turkey/Croatia or Thailand/Bali before Spain, but that’s just me.  I would just look at general weather patterns during the time of year you’d go and prices and stuff to decide after that.  Both places are ones we looked at for ours.  🙂

Post # 13
    136 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Thailand, 100%. You can go from one extreme to another there. You can have a day of total relaxation and pampering on the beach to having a day of wild adventure and crazy antics. You can find parties, tourist hot spots, local spa retreats, amazing street food, top notch restaurants… Thailand has it all.

You’re essentially guaranteed to make some amazing memories no matter what you pick, but Thailand is my vote for sure.

Post # 14
    6350 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2014

Thailand, esp for a November trip; Spain and Turkey will both be cool or even cold that time of year, and alot of the tourist spots will be deserted (unless you stick with big cities).

Post # 15
    801 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Indian Ocean: Maldives and surrounding islands

But Thailand sounds amazing!!!!

The topic ‘Honeymoon Options: Thailand & Bali; Turkey & Croatia or’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors