(Closed) Honeymoon Options: Thailand & Bali; Turkey & Croatia or

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Where would you go if you had the choice?

Thailand & Bali

Turkey & Croatia

Spain and surrounding areas..

Other

• Post # 17
    927 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

We’re hoping to go to Turkey for our honeymoon. If you end up going there, we should talk!

Post # 18
    927 posts
    Busy bee

Forgot to add we’ve been to Thailand before and loved most of it. We didn’t like Bangkok (felt like we were always being ripped off, busy and dirty etc.) but we loved the islands. Might be nice to do before you have kids, then you won’t have to be worried so much about where to eat etc.

Post # 19
    645 posts
    Busy bee

I would love to go to Thailand! They had a huge flood very recently though… I hope it gets cleaned up before your honeymoon if you decide to go there. 

Post # 20
    72 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

All those places would be great honeymoon destination.

I been to Thailand and Bali. I love Thailand (beautiful beaches, awesome food, and friendly people) but don’t really care for Bali (constantly harassed by people asking to be our taxi drivers or provide service, also we didn’t like Baliness food). 

I have not been to Spain but always wanted to go because I heard the food and architures are amazing there

Post # 21
    15144 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @Kewii:That is pretty much the exact trip I did… in December too!  Loooooved it!

I also highly recommend going to Cambodia too if you are going to Thaialnd and have 4 days to spare.  Angkor Wat is amazing.

Post # 22
    72 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    @ReyDar64: Food in Thailand is similar to Thai food in Los Angeles but better and cheaper.

As for resort, depend on how luxurious you want. The price can go from couple dollars to thousands per night.

For example, I stayed in one beach bungalow (could see the beach from my little hut because it’s only 30 feet away) and it cost me $10/night (cheaper than getting a seafood feast). My friends went there for honeymoon but stay in a nice luxurious resort, they said it cost them around $300 per night

Post # 24
    6401 posts
    Bee Keeper

Special Sundae is going on an amazing honeymoon to Thailand in April. They are staying in some AMAZING hotels, and I think it’s costing a grand total of £2k (around $3k) pp for over 3 weeks. They’re having 5* hotels all the way, including a week in a STUNNING private villa with amazing views and private pool. I’ll contact her and see if she can give you some info.

Post # 26
    5009 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

Hey,

We’ve got 2 weeks of the hotels and the flights booked for £2k each. We’re allowing another £1k each for the other week and a bit and internal flights. 

So far we’ve booked to fly Glasgow-Dubai-Singapore with Emirates. Then staying at the Shangri La Singapore 5* hotel for five nights.

Then we’re making our way to Kuala Lumpur and will be booking a hotel for a couple of nights to go and make a pilgrimage to Sepang F1 circuit. (That’s not included in the £2kpp.)

Then we’re flying to Penang to spend three days there and Langkawi.

From Langkawi, we’re taking a speed-boat to Koh Lipe in Thailand and staying three nights at the Serendipity resort in their honeymoon suite (£135 per room per night).

From there we’re making our own way to Hua Hin to rejoin our official itinerary.

We’re spending a whole week in a private pool villa at the Six Senses Hideaway Spa Resort. It’s meant to be one of the best spa resorts in Asia (and that’s really saying something!) We get our own private butler as well as a swimming pool, outdoor dining room, bath in a lily pond and a spa treatment area (in the room).

Then we’ll be picked up by a chauffeur and driven to the Royal Orchid Sheraton hotel in Bangkok.

Then we are once again chauffeured to the airport and flown home with Emirates: Bangkok-Dubai-Glasgow.

We’re away 25 nights and it’s going to be £6-7k total (including spending money).

Post # 28
    5009 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @ReyDar64: I figured out the basics on my own and then took the travel agent’s advice on which hotels to book. We’ve booked with Kuoni through Going Places.

We probably could’ve done it a lot cheaper than we’ve done it, but I fell for the Hua Hin hotel and couldn’t get it out of my mind.

http://www.sixsenses.com/SixSensesHuaHin/

Post # 29
    2231 posts
    Buzzing bee

Definitely Thailand & Bali! Croatia and Turkey will be too cold for beach stuff by November (September would be the latest I would go). I actually think that a trip to Croatia is totally feasible with kids, but then I went with my parents all the time as a kid since we lived a few hours away. 

Post # 30
    72 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    @ReyDar64: Sorry, I don’t remember the name of the place or have pictures of the place (since it was very basic). I was backpacking through Thailand and didn’t made reservation. Just showed up, asked for the rate and negotiated/book the room. The bungalows was on Koh Phangan (It’s more of a backpacker island).

Post # 31
    606 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve been everywhere mentioned except for Bali, and my vote was for Croatia and Turkey.  Croatis is one of the most amazing places I have been, and it’s only a matter of time before tourism takes it over, so I would take advantage of that and go there.  The beaches are insanely beautiful, the food is fantastic, and it’s just overall amazing. You can also do a side trip to Montenegro, which is just incredible.

The topic ‘Honeymoon Options: Thailand & Bali; Turkey & Croatia or’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors