(Closed) Honeymoon Registry & Traditional Registry Question

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
714 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@charlestondancer:  Honeymoon registries are considered by many (me included) to be in very poor taste – its more or less asking for money. 

If I were you I would go with a traditional registry for the household items you want and skip the honeymoon registry.  Lots of people will likely give you cash that you can use toward your honeymoon.

Post # 4
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think its ok to have both! I’ve been looking up honeymoon registries all day and it seems like there are some neat options, especially since a honeymoon registry has options that the guest can put it towards a spa treatment or something special for you. I’ve had guests ask about my honeymoon because they wanted to make sure we had a bottle of wine waiting when we check in and stuff like that. If a guest thinks the honeymoon registry is poor taste, then they have another option with your household registry or just giving you cash. 

Post # 5
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think its fine to have both. In fact I think its kind of better so that way your guests can choose if they would like to give you a household gift or money towards your honeymoon.

@lisa105: She wasn’t asking for your opinion on a honeymoon registry. We all know honeymoon registries are debated. And its pretty much split down the middle between people who think they’re appropriate or not.

Post # 6
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We are doing both! I don’t think its tacky. People can choose which one they want to purchase a gift from. Honeymoon registries are becoming more of the norm these days anyway. 

Post # 7
747 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

DO BOTH!! if people don’t like the honeymoon registry, they won’t use it, don’t stress over it. besides, you will most likely get gifts off of your ‘stuff’ registry at your bridal shower, so i think having that in addition to the honeymoon one is a better plan. (i love london! have fun!!)

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We registered at both BBB and with Honeyfund. SO many people told me how great of an idea they thought the honeymoon registry was and how they wished it was around when they got married. We definitely got way more gifts off our BBB registry, but it was cool to see that people went to our honeymoon registry and gave us a monetary toward something we wanted to do on the honeymoon. A lot of people just gave us cash and we are using that for the honeymoon as well. 

I’d say go for both!

Post # 9
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

It’s completely fine to have both! People raved about our Honeymoon registry! Since we have a group of well-traveled progressive friends, they really supported the idea of gifting us experiences and memories over materialistic objects. We still got physical registry gifts from the older generations.

Post # 10
988 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

It’s completely fine to have both. 

Post # 11
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@charlestondancer: I actually just read in a wedding book last night that if you go witha  honeymoon registry, you should also have a more traditional one for guests who might be uncomfortable with just giving money. Go for both!

Post # 12
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I would totally do both 🙂

The topic ‘Honeymoon Registry & Traditional Registry Question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors