(Closed) Honeymoon suggestions for around $3000?

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 16
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Try Cheap Caribbean.com

Post # 17
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We stayed at  a RIU hotel, all inclusive. It was 1800 altogether with air.

Post # 18
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

All Inclusive in Cancun was about $3700. But that also included the wedding.

Post # 20
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We stayed at the RIU Mambo in DR. It was located next to two sister resorts completly isolated from everything and you can use any of the resorts to hang out at. The resorts were located in a little inlet? cove maybe?  So the water wasn’t rough at all, just calm and serine. I brought a blow up lounger and lounged in the water the entire week….So nice!!!!!!!!

We maybe saw 15-20 kids throughout the week….very minimal. Such an afforadable trip, we would def go back!

Post # 21
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Ive been doing extensive honeymoon research. Our budget is the same as yours.  So far you could go to allinclusive to Jamaica, Cancun, Mexico, DR-Punta Cana, St Lucia, Curacao or else a cruise.  I almost decided on booking an all inclusive at one of those places but because I want to go to the Caribbean and cant decide on which freaking island, As of now, I think we’re going to do a 10 day Caribbean cruise…In my mind, I kept thinking of Sandals allinclusive on one place, but its been driving me crazy..the honeymoon is so hard to decide for me for some reason…Hopefully Fiance will decide soon! I want him to just say yes lets go here or there and be done with it so i can stop obsessing over where to go and just plan the excursions instead.

Post # 22
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

We did Waikiki for 2800.00 for 7 days but it is in January, it depends on if you go during tourist season or if it is the off season.

Post # 23
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Are you all including airfare in your prices above or just the cost of the resorts?

Post # 24
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Secrets Maroma Beach in Mexico or Couples Swept Away in Negril 🙂

Post # 25
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We’re going to Key West, FL. We already live in Fla, so it will be far less than 3k.

Post # 26
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I just got back from a week in Belize (not for honeymoon, just vacation). We didn’t do a package deal, but all together the total was around $3,000. Belize is pretty inexpensive and right next to Mexico! Since it’s so small, you can easily do jungle-related adventures and beach/ocean stuff. Singing Sands Inn on Maya Beach in Placencia is a great little place where you get your own cabana. Late spring/summer are off-peak season, so prices are lower.

Post # 27
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

You can definitely find lots of HM’s for that budget.  I think you should make a list of what is most important to you during your stay.  For example, do you like beaches?  Fine dining?  Night life?  Seclusion?  Boutique Hotel?  Grand Resort?  What about the length of stay, you could stay at a very nice 4 or 5 star resort for probably 4-5 nights or stay somewhere around 3 stars for about 8-10 nights.  Also, does that $3000 include your food budget? 

The recommendations on the forum are all great but I think if you decide what is most important to you, you can begin narrowing down your options. 

I travel a lot for work and leisure so feel free to ask questions. 

The topic ‘Honeymoon suggestions for around $3000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors