(Closed) Honeymoon under $1000

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2701 posts
Sugar bee

@Koolbeans621: a road trip is sort of inexpensive and would be a lot of IMO. Find a place that is a little out of the way and plan some sights to see. It is as fun as you make it!

Post # 4
341 posts
Helper bee

Absolutely! Go last minute to the Caribbean, you can get good deals there. I’m Canadian so this might not work for you but Cuba is cheap all the time and even cheaper last minute (even if you’re American you can fly out of Canada if you’re close to an airport here). Or Mexico is reasonable. Sometimes if you watch the websites you can see when prices start dropping for certain resorts. I’m not sure of good American travel websites but I know travelocity and expedia and itravel2000 are good Canadian ones.

Post # 6
746 posts
Busy bee

Depending upon where you’re coming from, and when you’re traveling, you may be able to do a cruise. But otherwise I would recommend a road trip as well!

Post # 7
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Sign up for travelzoo! You will get a weekly (or biweekly) emails of travel deals and thet have amazing trips for really cheap! 

Post # 8
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We booked our honeymoon hotel in Vegas through jetsetter.com – you have to register, but it’s free to sign up. They have amazing deals on hotels all over the world.

Another one is sniqueaway.com – the hotels are a little less luxury in style but they still have great deals.

Post # 9
1211 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Carnival Cruise! MY SO and I took a cruise last March for about $800 total, including airfare. The cruise itself was $400 for both of us! 

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Cruise! Fi and I found 4 nights to the caribean and bahamas for like 189pp out of FL Flights to FL are pretty cheap 2 about $200pp! I think you get the most bang for your buck on a cruise

Post # 11
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

look at the living social or groupon escapes. 

Other than that- a cruise is definately doable!

Post # 12
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I love roadtrips and camping or renting a cabin.  So much less stress to me than flying and everything always is.

Post # 13
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We are doing a last minute road trip, but was going to look into GroupOn and LivingSocial deals to maybe encourage our final destination pick!

Vegas

Napa Valley

Grand Canyon

San Fransisco

Post # 14
2750 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Groupon to St. Lucia!

• For $722, a four-night stay for two adults and up to two children in a one-bedroom pool-view suite, valid December 1, 2011–March 31, 2012
  • Or, for $619, a four-night stay for two adults and up to two children in a one-bedroom pool-view suite, valid April 1, 2012–June 30, 2012 

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gx-ga-bay-gardens-beach-resort-montgomery-al?utm_medium=email&utm_source=channel_grouponicus-deals&sid=11029303&user=9780e659d253ff3bc432ab994fed50c9053a09f1a77b2a610992cfa87dee8847&utm_campaign=11029303&s=body&d=gx-ga-bay-gardens-beach-resort-montgomery-al&p=5&c=deal_button

Post # 15
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

living social and groupon.  I built our trip around a cool deal that I found and was able to buy some other deals.  Driving is another way to save $$ and pack your own snacks.

The topic ‘Honeymoon under $1000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors