(Closed) Honeymoon under $ 2000 within the USA?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Do you want water, mountains, or the desert?  How far do you want to go?   I see you’re in Vancouver, WA.  You could spend some time in the San Juan Islands and have a nice honeymoon for under $2000.  That way you wouldn’t have to add plane tickets to the budget. Or you could go somewhere nice on the Oregon coast.  How long of a honeymoon do you plan to take?

Post # 4
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I suggest the tree houses in the Ozarks, so cool.

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

How about driving up the California coast?  You could take some detours to taste wine and stay in cute B&Bs in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, etc.

Napa and/or Sonoma would also be doable for less than $2,000.

Post # 6
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My Fiance and I are going to Disney World.  Noticed you are in WA so maybe Disney Land would work better for you.  We are driving and it will definitely be under 2000 for ours. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Apple Vacations is all inclusive.  I’d recommend it.

Post # 8
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Queenie30: Hey fellow Washingtonian!

Have you looked into renting a cabin in Olympic National Forest, Ocean Shores or Lake Chelan?

This website has listings of different places around Western WA.

http://www.vacationrentalcabins.com/

Post # 10
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We are going to New Orleans. πŸ™‚

Post # 11
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Queenie30: Sanibel Island Florida, it’s at the bottom gulf and it’s as gorgeous as the caribbean but in the US πŸ™‚ It’s very uncommercialized also, the entire island is landscaped , there is a huge nature preserve and the are building zone restrictions, so no 3 story buildings and no huge chains ( no Mcdonalds, Walgreens, etc ) you can ride a bicycle around the entire island.

There is also Captiva, which is a little more ritzy and then North Captiva , where you have to take a boat to get to it and rent a golf cart to get around the island.

Post # 12
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We’re doing a cruise for $1,500…I don’t know if you’re set on land vacation though!

Post # 13
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

San Fransico

New Orleans

New York

Miami

Florida Keys

Chicago

Post # 14
907 posts
Busy bee

@Queenie30:  In that case, I think kayceeg‘s suggestion of the California coast or Napa/Sonoma would be really fun.  Have you been to Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo?  I love that area of California.  Then you’re also close to Paso Robles if you wanted to go wine tasting.  Or you could look into the Florida Keys.  From what I understand, Puerto Rico doesn’t require a passport so you could look for inexpensive flights there.  I was suggesting places closer to Washington though so you could save money on transportation and have more money for nice places to stay and good food. 

Is your honeymoon in August?  If you want sun, I’d explore the California option because it might be stormy in the South.  Of course, there are no guarantees on weather anywhere, but I live in Nashville now (transplanted from Seattle) and it seems like we get lots of thunderstorms in the summer. 

Is there anything specific you want to do on your honeymoon?  What kind of atmosphere do you imagine?

Post # 15
907 posts
Busy bee

Oh–someone’s cruise option reminded me that you could take an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle.  I bet that would be beautiful and sunny in August! I’m just going by your wedding date–I don’t know when your actual honeymoon is.

Post # 16
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Cruise out of Long Beach.  Still plenty of time to get a passport.  

The topic ‘Honeymoon under $ 2000 within the USA?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors