(Closed) honeymoon under 3,000

posted 4 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My husband and I went to Waikiki Beach on Oahu for our honeymoon.  We were there for 6 nights (7 days) and it cost around $3,000.  But we didn’t do an all inclusive package.  We booked our flight through priceline and booked the Embassy Suites with our AAA membership (which gave us a discount).

Post # 4
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

There are all inclusives in Mexico for under 3,000 w/ flights included. They’ll probably be 4 stars but are still nice. 10 days in Jamaica for 7k seems reasonable at a nice all inclusive resort, flights can be expensive there too. 

Post # 5
2376 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I know this isn’t all inclusive, but DH booked a beach front condo in St. Thomas for about $85/night using vrbo.com

Also, Sandals just opened a new resort in Grenada & Couples opened a new resort in Barbados.  Both of those seem to have reasonable prices due to how new the resort is.  Not sure about how bad airfare would be though.

Again, not all inclusive, but DH are leaving next week for a vacation in the Bahamas and the Sheraton we are staying at charges $159/night which is pretty dang affordable for a tropical vacation.  I have read on TripAdvisor that the Sheraton has an all-inclusive option, but DH and I didn’t want to do all inclusive this time around.

Post # 6
9956 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Cuba is a good deal if you are Canadian (can’t tell as your WBee Profile doesn’t give us a clue)

Other inexpensive Destinations include… Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Mexico.

Honestly Destinations tend to be cheap BECAUSE they have issues.. be they economic or political (safety, health etc)

Of the three listed above, beyond Cuba… my second choice would be the Mayan Riviera in Mexico (Playa del Carmen)

I would not go back to either DR or Jamaica.  Not pleasant countries to explore / sightsee in.

If you Honeymoon happens in late September / early October, you may want to stay clear of the Atlantic / Caribbean / Gulf of Mexico… cause it will be PRIME time in the Atlantic Hurricane Season.

Weather will be iffy that time of year in most “hotter locales” in Eastern North America… (fall out from Hurricane Season) but still a better bet than the Ocean itself.

Central & Weastern North America is nice that time of year.

Cost wise, a lot will depend on what your Starting Point is, and whether you are looking at Flying somewheres or Driving.

Hope this helps,

Post # 8
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

The DR is super cheap… my girlfriends and I went for our 30th birthdays, I think 5 nights for $800-ish/person.  At an all inclusive.  That included airfare from Boston, too.

Post # 9
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We just came back from a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise through carnival and it was AWESOME!!! Definitely under $3000!!! Port of calls included San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten!

Post # 10
3101 posts
Sugar bee

@jennmc85:  We went on a cruise for 5 days for $1,200.  We live on the Gulf Coast so there was no cost to get to the cruise ship.  Being all inclusive made it SO relaxing!

The topic ‘honeymoon under 3,000’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors