(Closed) Honeymoons for under $4,000?

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 2
288 posts
Helper bee

How about Bali? I’ve never been but have been wanting to go. There are villas you can stay in that might have private pools.

Post # 3
59 posts
Worker bee

loveandlemons :  We went to a Sandals hotel and loved it. They have a wide range of rooms in a wide range of costs. You would also be able to stay in an all inclusive in Mexico for that cost. Additionally, Darling Husband and I took a trip to Italy for a week for around $4k once too. Greece is cheap right now as well, and so is Thailand. I havent been to Thailand, but that is probably where you will get the most bang for your buck.  

Post # 5
3442 posts
Sugar bee

Costcotravel.com has excellent deals. It is worth the price of a Costco membership if you don’t already have one.

Post # 6
96 posts
Worker bee

Greece is wonderful. We spent two weeks there for around 4-5k. Definitely check out the Peloponnese and Crete. 

ETA: here is the tour agency we used for part of our trip.

http://www.astoriatravel.gr/prices.htm

Post # 8
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

We got a deal on an 8-day/7-night trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico through Costco Travel for $3,600. All inclusive, airfare and ground transportation included. We have a junior suite with a jacuzzi and a swim-up pool.

Our budget was $4,000 too and this came in perfectly under it. 🙂

Post # 9
391 posts
Helper bee

sofabean :  that’s where we’re going!!!! We will be staying in Nusa Dua. I was so surprised to see the tickets so cheap! It’s been my dream for a few years to do yoga in Bali and now I will be!! 🙂

Post # 10
391 posts
Helper bee

Oh! Our pre honeymoon trip was to Australia and that was under $4000 as well. It was for 8 days.

Post # 11
1462 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I second the Riviera Maya in Mexico. I think it cost us under $4,000 for 4 or 5 days at a nice all-inclusive resort (flying from NYC). If you’re on the west coast, I think Hawaii is probably doable for your budget too, if you don’t go too high end for hotels.

Unfortunately, Bora Bora would set you back on average $10,000 to $25,000 depending on when you go, for how long, the kind of hotel, etc. We went for our honeymoon and it cost $3,000 or so just for 1 person’s airfare.

Post # 12
103 posts
Blushing bee

Price is hard to gauge without knowing where you are flying from, but if there are decent flights available for you Panama might be a great option.

Bocas del Toro has a couple options for overwater bungalows at muuuuch more reasonable price points.  We stayed in ones that were more like rustic cabins on stilts, but they have a few fancier hotels with them as well.

After Bocas we transferred down to the Pacific coast and splurged on a stay at Isla Palenque.  Its a 400 acre island with only a handful of guest rooms so if you want privacy you can straight up have an entire (big) beach to yourself.  If you book a package deal it comes with exursions to do things like fishing or snorkling.

The only downside is that in both Bocas and Isla Palenque you cant really snorkle right from wherever youll be staying, you have to go out on a boat to get to where the water is clear.  

Post # 13
9850 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

We went to Mexico for a week and it only cost $2500.

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

All these deals sound awesome. Do you mind telling me what resorts yall stayed in?

Post # 15
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

We are doing a 7 day cruise to Montego Bay, Grand Caymans, and Cozumel for $1500 

The topic ‘Honeymoons for under $4,000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors