(Closed) Honeymoons Under $1200

posted 10 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Where in the East? How long do you want to go for? Also, is that for everything? Hotel, food, transportation, etc.?

Post # 5
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Tybee Island!  Have the relaxation of the beach paired with the history of Savannah just right across the river.  We’re actually going there this weekend again and just can’t wait!  Tybee and Savannah have some amazing restaurants, and the beauty and history is unmatched.  Depends though if you’re planning on going in high or low season, hotels/condos can be $$$.  We’ve always done condos there through http://www.vrbo.com (Vacation Rent By Owner) for very reasonable rates if that helps.

If you’re looking for more of the mountains, Helen, GA is a quaint town to check out (just don’t go during Octoberfest-lots of fun, but not really honeymoon relaxation atmosphere).  Lake Lanier too is nice.  I think you’d get more for your money in these locations.

Post # 6
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Alexandria, VA is really pretty.  Plus, you can make a quick drive to DC for some sight seeing.

Post # 7
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Go to southernliving.com and under there travel section they have a driving distance calculator that you can put your zip code into. You then choose the amount of miles you want to drive and it shows you places you can get to. Then you can click on the places you like and it shows you think to do, places to stay and eat in all sorts of budgets.

Post # 8
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

My Fiance and I went to Tybee Island and it was really relaxing. It was about 700 to rent an apartment for a week (though that was 6 years ago). We drove through Savannah on our way out there, and it looked like such a cute town.

Post # 9
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

MayGrad.

i had to speak up bc this is right in our ball park figure for honeymooning…..except our budget is $1500 WITH gas, so i think we’re in the same ballpark.

We’ll be marrying in the Carolinas so we’ve honed in on the coast and are seriously considering Hilton Head. since we are marrying during off season this is helping defray the cost of the nicer hotels.

Charleston SC is also a good choice…not sure where in TN you are  but this might be about a 6 hr drive for  you or maybe less…..

there are also some nice mountain resorts in NC, late Aug may still be off season for those types of places. that was the primary factor for us in getting the most bang for our buck, we decided to go somewhere that’s off season.

The topic ‘Honeymoons Under $1200’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors