Post # 1
Happy Friday, hive!
The hostesses have been chatting about some fun initiatives we could start around the hive to give us all something to look forward to during the weeks when we don’t have a post-a-thon.
To get things started, the hostess team will be sponsoring Hostess Fun Threads that we’re hoping the whole hive can participate in.
Kicking it off is pengoala, with Friday Fun! Find me a… Click over to that thread and join in the game!
The hostesses are working on some super fun ideas of our own, but we’d LOVE to get some ideas from the hive as to what kinds of topics/threads you’d like to see. They can be wedding related or not — we hope that we’ll be able to sponsor a variety threads to get everyone involved!
Submit your ideas on this thread, and we’ll make sure to credit you when your idea is used! Thanks ladies!!!
(thanks to zipplylef for the image!)
Post # 3
Here’s some ideas:
- Create a Story: each poster contributes one sentence toward a hive-written story.
- Show Us Your…: a theme is chosen for each thread (e.g. venue, dress, ring, etc…) and each user posts a picture that fits the theme. This would be great for getting inspiration on wedding planning, and it’s super fun for old married biddies like me who live vicariously through all the engaged ladies. 🙂
- ABC’s: like the picture game, a theme is chosen for the thread. The first user posts a word starting with A that is associated with that theme; the next user posts a word starting with B, then C, D, E, etc… This game can be played over and over again with different themes.
Ok, I’ll try to think up some more!
Post # 4
Can’t wait to hear some of great ideas! Anyone know of any fun games?
Post # 5
Ooooooh, I thought of some more! How about:
- Two Truths and a Lie: one user posts three facts (two true and one untrue) about him/herself. Then everyone else guesses which are the truths and which one’s a lie!
- Never Did I Ever: We all know this one, right? 🙂 We all start with 5 chances. Each user posts something s/he has never doen (e.g. “Never did I ever… go skydiving”). If someone else posts something you’ve done, you lose one of your chances. The last person standing wins!
Post # 6
Sounds fun, looking forward to participating in all this! 🙂
@Mrs. Spring: Love your ideas!
I also like when we can ask each other any questions we want to.
Post # 7
@Sunfire: I love “Get to know you…” threads!
Post # 8
A virtual wedding! We choose a theme and maybe a city and have people submit pictures for flowers, decor, venue, dress. At the end of the time (a week maybe?) we put up a poll so we can finalize the details and then have our virtual wedding!
Captions- People post photos and then people put a caption on it.
Screenshots- Post screenshots from a movie and the next poster has to name/guess which movie it is.
Would you rather?
One poster posts a picture and then the next posts something that would beat it, example: I post a tree, next poster posts fire, next poster posts a hose, etc.
Post # 9
- You pick a category and a specific letter and people have to give examples of it. I guess the last person with an example wins (presumably no one can think of more). For example, category could be two-word movie titles and the letter could be B. Someone could say Bad Boys… Blue Lagoon… etc
- Post pictures of places and people have to guess where the places are
- Drawing competition! We could think of something random for everyone to draw and there could be a set time limit to submit pictures of your drawings, and then the OP would create a poll and people could vote for their favourite
I’ll think of more later. Am off to work now! 🙂
Post # 10
I love all of these!!! Great ideas ladies!!! Looking forward to some fun times and laughter with you all 🙂
Post # 11
I can’t think of any ideas that haven’t already been said right now but I’m seriously looking forward to this.
Post # 12
@zippylef: Can you imagine how amazing a HIVE virtual wedding would be!? With all the creativity represented here? I love it!
Post # 13
I used to have a a Wednesday Create a Story where using one one word only and a theme. That was fun for a while and I haven’t been able to do it in a while, maybe I could restart it up again 😀
Post # 14
I tried to do a Hive Madlibs once but it didn’t work as well as I’d hoped. Maybe someone can come up with a better way to do it!
@Jezika: Drawing sounds awesome! There was a thread a while back where people did self-portraits using Paint and posted them. We have some talented paint-drawing Bees!
ETA: Here is the self-potrait one! http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/draw-a-picture-of-yourself-using-ms-paint
Post # 15
Oh my gosh you guys. I’m laughing just at the thought of some of these ideas. I would love to see them in action!!!
Post # 16