Post # 1
So, Fiance ad I are going to get a jacuzzi room the night of the wedding. I am trying to figure out if I should change before leaving the hall or just go to the hotel in my wedding dress….
Did anyone get a hotel room the night of their wedding? If so, did you change clothes or stay in your wedding dress?
Post # 3
Aw, Im sorry I don’t have an answer to this yet 🙂 I’d like to know the opinions too!
Post # 4
@atrnkus: No problem 😉 I have been going back and forth so I figure shoot, let me just ask what others did, lol!
Post # 5
I’m gonna change clothes.
Mainly because I don’t want to haul my wedding dress around on my honeymoon and I’d rather have a clean break after the reception not see my fam the next day.
Post # 6
@kala_way: lol… I am leaning towards changing as well… I just don’t know if I want to be walking in the lobby with my gown on… I might change an hour before the wedding reception ends…
Post # 7
I wore my dress to the hotel and it was all good. Not like the dress is going to stay on that long, anyway! 😉
Post # 8
@Mrs Grape: sooooo true 😉 Good Point!
Post # 9
We went straight to our B&B after the wedding – so both of us were dressed & changed once we got into our room.
I wanted to still wear my dress during our exit pics 🙂
Post # 10
I wore my gown to the hotel.
Reason: it never occured to me to change (hahahaha)
1) Our “getaway” pictures (sparklers) have my gown in them (yay!)
2) Didn’t need to buy yet another outfit for the wedding
3) I was so gross and sweaty by the end of the reception, I don’t think I would’ve wanted to put on clean clothes prior to taking a shower. Or change in a random ladies’ room at the reception hall.
4) Hubby got to unzip my dress for me at the end of the night 😉
1) People stared at us and congratulated us in the elevator and so forth at the hotel. I was really done with being around people at that point, so this made me want to punch them in the face.
2) Dang dress was hot and heavy by the end of the night, and mildly uncomfortable in the back of the towncar – although a cute getaway dress probably wouldn’t have been any more comfortable.
3) Since we left early the next morning for the honeymoon, my dress ended up crumpled in the trunk of FIL’s car, in a hotel trash bag, since I forgot to have a plan for it and didn’t have room in the suitcase (obviously). He later dropped it off at my mom’s house, where it is now, still not drycleaned 🙂
Post # 11
I guess I don’t understand why you would want to change into another outfit when you are just going to the hotel room for the night. To me it doesn’t make sense.
Post # 12
since our reception was in a hotel i wore mine up to the room haha! but even if i didnt stay at the same place you couldnt get me out of that dress! it was my wedding day and i was going to wear the hell out of that dress – i wore it up until i was ready to go to sleep.
Post # 13
@ddw: Good points.
We’re not gonna do getaway pictures, but I understand wanting to stay in your dess for that.
My dress is pretty light and we’re not having dancing so I can’t imagine being all the sweaty or gross.
True that hubby won’t get to unzip me, but I’d rather he unzip a cute dress with cute lingerie under it than a big wedding gown with spanx under it, lol
Post # 14
I’m definitely going to have a “going away” outfit instead of wearing my dress to the hotel. My reason are that our reception venue is about an hour away from the hotel that we are staying at that night (which is across the street from the airport that we will be leaving from at 6:30 the next morning!!) and I don’t want to wear my dress for the whole car ride down from the mountains. I also want to be able to leave my dress with my mom so that I don’t have to worry about it during the honeymoon.
And, I have to confess, I love the fact that now I need to plan out another outfit!!
Post # 15
thanks everyone for responding… I think I am going to go ahead and stay in my dress…esp since the hotel isn’t too far from the venue… 😉