(Closed) Hotel Room Blocks for June 2013 in Manhattan–Really Expensive!

posted 6 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m with you. Actually, because of this, and because there are SO MANY hotels for my guests to choose from, i’m not reserving a block of rooms. Our wedding website has a list of many choices, near our venue, in different price ranges, and i’ve entioned how you can find great deals on livingsocial and groupon. 

The way I look at it – it’s NYC, it’s not some small one-hotel town – there are plenty of places for people to stay, they can figure it out. 

Post # 5
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@chippybee:  Honestly, i’m not suprised. The Ace is known for being too cool for school, same with the Bowery. I wish I knew uptown better so i’d have any recco’s for you! 

Post # 6
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This drove us crazy too! We ended up booking a block of rooms in FiDi and giving people a lot of other options (including airbandb). There are some reasonable hotels on the UWS, have you tried them?

Post # 9
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My room blocks at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park are $325/night. Pretty pricey! We are also doing a room block at the Aloft by Sheraton in downtown Brooklyn – those are $219/night. We tried to book the Marriott (either Brooklyn or downtown Manhattan) but they told us they weren’t taking blocks for our weekend (June 15th) because they’re having some sort of convention – though they didn’t say whether the Marriott Marquis in Times Square was available… you might want to give them a shot! 

Post # 11
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@chippybee:  I’m not sure… I did t ask about parking! I’m filing it under “not my problem.” 😉 

The room blocking coordinator at the Ritz is really lovely, though! She is super nice and helpful and responds to emails like, instantly. I bet she would be able to tell you the parking options! 

Post # 12
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m not surprised by this at all.

Did you mention to them you found cheaper rates online? Maybe if you called them on it they’d be willing to match?

Post # 13
2059 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

NYC hotels rarely offer the online rate to groups – supposedly the online rates you have to pay when you make the reservation and for the group rates you pay at checkout or something. But it is SO FRUSTRATING!

I’m getting married the same weekend as NYU and FIT’s graduation, so hotels are insanely expensive. I found some pretty good rates for us at the Eventi and am also trying to do a block at the Gershwin on 27th Street. Definitely a hotel for younger guests, but they have rates around $200 a night!

Sorry, no suggestions for uptown though!

Post # 14
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@chippybee:  No specific recs but I know we got a few quotes that were in the 240 range.  Good luck!

The topic ‘Hotel Room Blocks for June 2013 in Manhattan–Really Expensive!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors