(Closed) hotel suggestions for disneyworld & wizardin world of hp! and miami

posted 7 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

OK number one. the butterbeer at the WWOHP is the best thing ever ever ever ever in the world. lol I grew up in S FLA and went to disney a couple of times a year so I have quite a few suggestions. 

Disney- Nothing tops the grand floridian. Disney hotels on a whole have a lot to offer because you can shuttle in and out of  the lands straight from your hotel or even the airport and they will drop off your bags in your room for you. You can also buy stuff in the lands and they will send it to your room.. (no carrying a bunch of crap around a def PLUS!) Other than the grand floridian I would reccomend the Animal Kingdom lodge. I would invest in the night goggles so you could see the animals around your room walking about in the night! AWESOME! 

Universal (Wizarding World)- The Royal Pacific hotel is awesome. Very pretty grounds! The Hardrock hotel is also a fun option. There are park benefits but I am more of a disney girl and have only been there a couple times. But I know the RPH is one that I would go to over and over again. 

Miami- There are way too many options. My fav restaurant is in Hotel Victor (and I am a huge foodie so this means A LOT).. if you stay here.. you MUST try the food at VIX, it is AMAZING. Other than victor which is right on the beach, there is the Delano.. its an all white hotel and very beautiful. Their lobster with bananas (yes i know, sounds strange) at their restaurant (blue door) is also a must! And of course you have the usual greats like the fountain blu. Hope these suggestions help!

-oh!- and what there is to do in Miami? Its more like.. what isnt there to do! lol. For me, the food is on the top of the list. The nightlife is incomparable. and the beach is always available. If you are spending only 2 days in MIA, I would suggest getting a room at Victor..do the spa thing (world class spa btw).. go to the beach.. eat at victor.. people watch.. do some fun stuff like jet skiing..eat some more.. lay out by the pool.. and go to the erotic art museum.. (if you would like something like that) and go to a lounge.. perfect balance of fun, food and relaxing! Miami is awesome!

Post # 4
3220 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@MrsNeutrino:, I think we’d be good friends hahaha! I knew my SO and I were meant to be when he and I had a huge discussion about the benefits of each of the hotels at Disney!

Universal:

Royal Pacific: Great Asian food, some sand beaches, a good outdoor bar, you can walk to CityWalk (walk up margarita bar at Margaritaville or the alcoholic slushie stand which is amaaaaaazing.) I would recommend upgrading to the big-boy level where you get the free drinks– they knew I wanted a Corona every afternoon and gave me cookies before bed!

Portofino Bay- Get your Italian feel. I haven’t stayed here in a long time but they do have some good food on site– gelato! You’ll have to water-taxi over to the parks, if I remember correctly (someone correct me on this if I’m wrong!!) 

Hard Rock- When we stayed, we did get a complimentary upgrade, but I feel like this wasn’t as glamorous as the other two, especially for a honeymoon? But if you and your Fiance are rockers, it could be a fun stay? I wouldn’t choose it myself.

Disney:

Grand Floridian- This is on my dream list. Go look at some photos. Gorgeoussss. I’ve never stayed there though, so I can’t speak much to it. 

Animal Kingdom Lodge- My favorite.  The decor is amazing and the restaurant (Boma) is delicious.  You can see animals out your window!

Polynesian- If you want a Hawaiian feel? (Though I wouldn’t stay here and also at Royal Pacific, you should mix and match the themes a little more, it’s worth it!)

Beach Club/Yacht Club- SOs family and I are going here again this fall because it’s so beachy and you can walk over to Epcot (our favorite of the parks).   I feel like it’d be a good, relaxing place to stay for a honeymoon, if you’re interested in laying by the pool!

And WWoHP is amazing! Be ready for some lines/crowds but it’s worth it if you love HP, the ride is phenomenal!

As for other hotels, I would never stay out of the park for either place, the perks and decor and food are too good on property.  And I’ve never been to Miami– when we go to Florida, it’s Disney/Universal all the way!

Post # 5
3943 posts
Honey bee

As long as you stay in the park in disney, I dont think you can go wrong. I have heard great things about all hotels espcecially the two mentioned above. My parents stayed at both and loved it. I stayed in the pop culture one when I was younger and it was great. Although, Its not really honeymoon-ey πŸ™‚

In Miami I stayed at the Palms (I think that was the name?). It was right on the beach and the rooms were amazing!

Post # 7
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@Bostongrl25: I think the disney budget hotels are less glam by far though.. just a normal hotel except you pay more because you are on disney property

@bookworm88: it def seems so!

Post # 8
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@spoonoutmyheart: haha! Just don’t rent a car and you will be forced to walk everywhere! (on SOBE everything is within walking distance) so you will be fine!

Post # 9
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I stayed at the Royal Pacific this past July and loved it.  I am SUPA jealous of you right now.. I want to go back to WWoHP so badly!!  Fiance and I had so much fun!

@MrsNeutrino: I agree, the butterbeer was fantastic!!

Post # 11
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@spoonoutmyheart: well that depends on when you are going on your honeymoon. If you are going in the summer months ( very very VERY hot, lots and lots of LONG lines) i would suggest at least a day per park that you want to go to. There is magic kingdom, epcot, animal kingdom, disney’s mgm studios…i think thats it. so if you are going to all the parks, 4 days. There is downtown disney that has the circque du soleil (however you spell it) that is an awesome show! They also have great little shops there (basin is my absolute fave!) that you MUST make time for. and I would say prob a day for WWoHP..or maybe 2 if you didnt get your share of butterbeer. So, about a week total so you can spend some time enjoying your hotel πŸ™‚

Post # 12
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@spoonoutmyheart: I second the vote for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I couldn’t get a room there last time we went and I was heartbroken πŸ™  We just stayed in the plain old All Stars resorts and spent the extra cash on more fun! One thing I learned though, was that you can get a shuttle from your Disney hotel to Universal for about $15 roundtrip per person. You can set it up with the front desk at your Disney hotel. You just have to call them an hour before you want to leave Universal and they’ll send the bus for you. It was easy, cheap, and I liked that we didn’t have to switch hotels.

And butterbeer is the best thing on earth. Have it as a slushy. Omg. To die for. I’m so jealous. Just be warned that WWOHP is crazy busy. There’s a line up for EVERYTHING (or there was when we went in October), even to get into gift shops!!!

Post # 13
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Well for your honeymoon you should do it big! The grand Floridian is wonderful but does not come cheap!

In Miami you want to stay in South Beach! We have stayed all over but the best is the W hotel! again its not cheap.. but you will love it!

Post # 15
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@spoonoutmyheart: I am not sure about cutting in the lines at universal πŸ™ But I would suggest renting a car to get down to MIA.. it will take about 3.5 hours or so.. (fyi, no one follows the speed limits in FL, you will notice this quickly on the highway lol)

Post # 16
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@spoonoutmyheart: I believe there is some benefit to staying at the universal hotels as far as an express line up goes.  However, there’s an option to purchase an alternate express option on a regular ticket.  We did this last summer, and it was fantastic.  Totally worth the extra money if you hate standing in lines and aren’t planning to spend days on end there.  The only thing you couldn’t use it for was Harry Potter.

We stayed at the Animal Kingdome lodge for our honeymoon last summer, and it was really cool.  Pretty neat to get up in the morning and see what animal is outside your balcony today.  Service was good, and the setting was awesome.  Sometimes I thought the theming made it maybe look like less of a high end hotel (because it’s SUPPOSED to be rustic). 

Maybe next time we thought we’d stay at either wilderness lodge or one of the new orleans one.  We spent a ton of time in Magic Kingdom and the ferry looked pretty convenient.  Or if we were looking to be spendy, either the Grand floridian or the contemporary, since the monorail was even MORE convenient.

The topic ‘hotel suggestions for disneyworld & wizardin world of hp! and miami’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors