House decision problem!

posted 1 year ago in Home
Post # 32
Member
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

stephanie90 :  I meant flexiblity with timing.  Maybe your perfect house just isn’t on the market yet.  It is about to be prime homebuying season.  While prices do go a bit so does the inventory.  More to choose from.

Post # 34
Member
2823 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

stephanie90 :  Detached,  because mt view and what if the owner of the house attached to yours doesn’t keep it up or are messy? What if they are noisy or sell to someone who is?  What if they are difficult to get along with or their child or pet constantly intrudes… 

Enough reasons? lol!

Post # 36
Member
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Just a comment, I am in the middle of making an offer on our dream home right now. We are in a huge sellers market and homes are going quick, and I mean in DAYS. 

You say you want to choose a home within the next few months. I have no idea what market you are in or the location, but you may not even have a choice of these two homes. Have you made offers on both yet or you’re just looking at both online, viewing, etc? You can make an offer without fully deciding, then depending on if 0, 1 or both offers are accepted you make a decision on escrow. Then you typically have 17 days to perform inspections and research to back out or continue.

The reason I bring this up is you may have a decision made for you. If you like both in different ways and were to write up an offer on both today, one or neither may accept you and boom that helps your decision. The choice may be a mute point anyway. 

Good luck, hubby and I have not slept in a week due to this grueling process!

Post # 37
Member
1515 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I would go with the bungalow. If it’s not your dream house then maybe flip it in 5 years

Leave a comment


Find Amazing Vendors