Post # 31
hemiandhighheels : sorry to hear that, it must be awful at times. To be honest both are in great locations and about 3 miles from each other so still both in the town. One right beside my home house and the other is right beside great grammar schools, and both are near a shop. Had another drive tonight down to see the semi and the estate is so quiet so at the moment I am swaying more towards it
Post # 32
stephanie90 : I meant flexiblity with timing. Maybe your perfect house just isn’t on the market yet. It is about to be prime homebuying season. While prices do go a bit so does the inventory. More to choose from.
Post # 33
honeybee69 : I get you now sorry. Yes I know what you mean, however we both really like the semi and we do want to choose a house within the the next couple of months (have been looking for over a year and there hasn’t been much that we have liked so this is quite positive!). Worried about prices going up however as I have noticed a rise compared to houses on the market last year.
Post # 34
stephanie90 : Detached, because mt view and what if the owner of the house attached to yours doesn’t keep it up or are messy? What if they are noisy or sell to someone who is? What if they are difficult to get along with or their child or pet constantly intrudes…
Enough reasons? lol!
Post # 35
Post # 36
Just a comment, I am in the middle of making an offer on our dream home right now. We are in a huge sellers market and homes are going quick, and I mean in DAYS.
You say you want to choose a home within the next few months. I have no idea what market you are in or the location, but you may not even have a choice of these two homes. Have you made offers on both yet or you’re just looking at both online, viewing, etc? You can make an offer without fully deciding, then depending on if 0, 1 or both offers are accepted you make a decision on escrow. Then you typically have 17 days to perform inspections and research to back out or continue.
The reason I bring this up is you may have a decision made for you. If you like both in different ways and were to write up an offer on both today, one or neither may accept you and boom that helps your decision. The choice may be a mute point anyway.
Good luck, hubby and I have not slept in a week due to this grueling process!
Post # 37
I would go with the bungalow. If it’s not your dream house then maybe flip it in 5 years