(Closed) How are the August 2012 bees feeling? Are you impatient? We have 5 months left!

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am almost done with everything, so I just want to married already.

Post # 4
4676 posts
Honey bee

I feel good with what I have done, and what I have left to do.  Looking at the calander does scare me a bit, to think that 6 months ago I felt like I would never be this close!  But right now I’m just gonna stay cool and enjoy the ride! 

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee

I”m feeling pretty good with everything that I have already done. There seems to be so much that cona’t be done for awhile yet; but it will come soon enough, I suppose.  It will be time to do the invitatins soon enough. So many DIY projects done and more to go.Smile

Post # 6
679 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe how fast time went by.  We got engaged last May, and now there is only 5 months until we get married! Overall I am feeling excited and happy.  It feels like Fiance and I are getting closer through this process, which is a great feeling.  I’m really enjoying our engagement.

Some days though, I wish we were already married.  Especially when we go looking at wedding bands.  It makes me want to wear it now! lol

I’m also very much looking forward to seeing everyone, because both our families are from out of town, so it will be awesome to have everybody (or almost everybody) here on our special day.

Post # 7
3220 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

so so impatient! I still have to do all the invitations and figure out flowers and go to showers and tell my BMs what shoes to wear and WHEW! I am stressed beyond belief. Fiance tried to discuss bachelor parties with me and I was like like “I don’t care what I do, I don’t care!” because I can’t handle planning another thing!

Post # 8
1101 posts
Bumble bee

I still have soo much to do! But I am glad it’s almost here.  I have my invitations but need to have them printed up, figure out our flowers, and get a cake.  OH and bridesmaid dresses, we’re cutting it close but I haven’t found any. This weekend I have to go pick them out because it’s now or never. I just want the fun stuff to be here, showers, etc.

Post # 8
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m so over wedding planning, and just want to be married already (engaged since October 2010) .  I’m constantly tired, and consequently emotional.  My brain never stops planning whether its for work or for the wedding.

Post # 9
895 posts
Busy bee

We have been together 7yrs and decided we would finally get married in August 2 months ago. This wedding is completely DIY I have gotten alot done but there is still so much to do. I’m waiting on things I ordered to arrive to start those projects ASAP. I’m a stay at home mom so lets see how long it takes me to accomplish things between running after my 11mo old. I wish we could get to Aug 11th already I just want to be married already.

Post # 10
1101 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsDPal811:  I’m sort of in the same boat as you, we’ve been together 5-1/2 years and got engaged last month, I was planning on getting married next year but Fiance said he would like to get married this year. So we gave ourselves 6 months to plan.  It’s all been very fast and super overwhelming but I can’t wait to be married 🙂 For us also alot will be DIY, so this site helps give ideas and how to’s which will help alot.

Everyone –  hang in there 🙂

Post # 11
24 posts
Newbee

My fiance is soo tired of wedding talk as we’ve been engaged since fall 2010! I can’t help the wedding talk when the deadline is approaching and time’s running out!

Post # 12
3220 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@cheeseomelette:  I am the one tired of the wedding talk– I can’t wait until August so we can actually talk about something else all the time! 

Post # 13
1190 posts
Bumble bee

I am excited and stressed. Depending on the day I feel like I have a ton to do and other days its all easy peasey lemon squeezy!

We are working on invites right now (waiting for all of the paper samples to come in). Bridal shower is next month as well we are meeting with the venue to go over meal selections, set up, etc. Still need to go over ceremony and ceremony music. Pick a playlist for the DJ, finalize flowers (my florist keeps giving me different ideas and it’s now making me confused!). Amongst all the other little details that need to be done.

Some days I feel like it’s nothing, others a bit overwhelming. I am glad I have summers off!

Post # 14
149 posts
Blushing bee

We’ve been engaged since July 2010, and we’ve been togther since 2004…so I am SO ready for this! We’re getting just about everything wrapped up by the end of this month. All we’ll have left are the little things (which can add up!)

Post # 15
2402 posts
Buzzing bee

I am a mix of excited and over the whole thing/just want to be married already. We’ve been together for over 6 1/2 years, living together for 3 years, and we’ve been engaged since December 2009. I can’t believe how fast time is flying.

I think I’m doing okay as far as planning goes… I’m just overwhelmed the majority of the time because I’m not only planning for the wedding, but working and about to graduate nursing school 1.5 months, so my main focus is school right now.

I have most of the big stuff out of the way… I have all the invitations ordered, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered, etc. According to my knot checklist, this month and next month I have to get the groomsmens’ tuxes finalized, finalize the menu, finish addressing invitations, & buy a flower girl dress… so not too much left.

The topic ‘How are the August 2012 bees feeling? Are you impatient? We have 5 months left!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors