- 3 years ago
- Wedding: December 1969
I have been surfing many wedding boards and I am astounded to see so many couples spending $30,000+ for their weddings. I personally could not imagine spending that much money for one night. I could think of so many uses for that money: paying back student loans, renovations, etc.
My FI and I are 25 and 27 year old home owners, and have decided on a modest budget of $10,000 for our wedding since we are paying entirely by ourselves. Our $10,000 budget is expected to cover everything: ceremony, reception, dress & bridal beauty, grooms tux, rings, decor, floral, food and drinks, favors & wedding party gifts. My FI’s parents have revealed they will gift us money for the honeymoon, but have not revealed the amount.
I understand everyones financial situations are different and I don’t mean to offend anyone. I am really curious how you are able to afford such an extravagent event and score some tips on how to save and make my money go further for my big day.
1. Who is paying for the wedding? (you, parents, in laws, other)
2. What is your wedding budget? Are you hoping to come in under budget?
3. How are you paying? (Cash, credit cards, loan?)
3. What is your savings plan & how are you sticking to it? (i.e each take from weekly paycheck)
4. What budgeting tricks are you using? (cutting guest list, all inclusive wedding package, vendor connections, etc)
Also, does your wedding budget include the honeymoon?
- This topic was modified 3 years ago by lololovely.