- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2015
1. Who is paying for the wedding? My parents are paying for the wedding, and FI’s parents are paying for rehearsal and wedding band.
2. What is your wedding budget? Are you hoping to come in under budget? We don’t really have a budget. I think the total spending will be close to $75,000 (a guest list of around 300). But we have been spending reasonably on each specific wedding related expense.
3. How are you paying? Cash, my parents have been saving for this.
3. What is your savings plan & how are you sticking to it? My parents have saved for this, his parents had the money for the items they are spending money on. And my fiance and I are spending as we go on smaller wedding items such as Save the Dates, our wedding bands, and I paid for my bridesmaids’ dresses.
4. What budgeting tricks are you using? Making sure to look up all different options and trying to get the best balance of spending/quality. In addition, if we spend more on something that we weren’t expecting we will cut from another item. For us, we will spend more on photography than we first thought so we will try to decrease money spent on flowers (they die the next day anyway, and pictures are forever!).
5. Also, does your wedding budget include the honeymoon? No, my fiance and I will be paying for our honeymoon ourselves (we didn’t want to have to restrict on this big trip, and we probably won’t make it to Europe again for a while), and have been saving and will have the balance soon.