1. Who is paying for the wedding? (you, parents, in laws, other)
We budgeted with teh plan to pay ourselves, but my parents surprised us with a rather generous amount of money to help (more than 50%.. in fact close to 100% of pre-honeymoon cost).
2. What is your wedding budget? Are you hoping to come in under budget?
$25k & hah nope. We’ll be at least 500 over, assuming no more hidden costs pop up.
3. How are you paying? (Cash, credit cards, loan?)
Cash (though we pay through our CC to get points, but we pay it off immediately)
3. What is your savings plan & how are you sticking to it? (i.e each take from weekly paycheck)
We spend as if we make 40k combined, and well… we make a lot more than that. FI is a hotshot programmer in the Silicon Valley, to give you a ballpark idea of how much we can save in a year.
4. What budgeting tricks are you using? (cutting guest list, all inclusive wedding package, vendor connections, etc)
We are going with a novice DJ, which in Seattle is $1k rather than $2.5-5k, I’m using my mothers old wedding ring, I’m buying my dress 2nd hand most likely (and def. selling mine afterwards, though I haven’t put in my budget the money I might get “back” so that would just be an added bonus).. doing a bunch of DIY stuff including stationary.. booking honeymoon via hotwire.com and using travel points (from aforementioned CC)
Also, does your wedding budget include the honeymoon?