- 7 years ago
1. Who is paying for the wedding? (you, parents, in laws, other)
We are paying for the wedding. My mother bought me my dress, though!
2. What is your wedding budget? Are you hoping to come in under budget?
No set budget. We’ll spend about $10K, which includes our rings, honeymoon, attire, etc. – everything related to this wedding!
3. How are you paying? (Cash, credit cards, loan?)
Credit cards where possible for the points (we pay it off immediately). Check/cash where credit cards are not accepted.
4. What is your savings plan & how are you sticking to it? (i.e each take from weekly paycheck)
No savings plan. We are fortunate enough to already have the money we need to pay for our wedding (and a lot leftover for normal savings).
5. What budgeting tricks are you using? (cutting guest list, all inclusive wedding package, vendor connections, etc)
Our original budgeting trick was eloping. Now we are having ~10 guests. So cutting the guest list, I suppose, by having a Destination Wedding that is inconvenient for people to attend!
Also, does your wedding budget include the honeymoon?
Yes! We’ll have a two week honeymoon (5 nights Kauai/6 nights Hawaii). This budget does not include a separate one-week trip to Mont Tremblant (about a week after our honeymoon) for skiing.