Post # 1
Hi ladies, I was just thinking about how to come up with a system to stay organized throughout the wedding planning process. I havent done much planning yet, but I have tons of ideas from magazines & things I have printed off the internet etc. I was just wondering what other brides are doing to organized throughout wedding planning.
Post # 3
I had a pocket folder. I looked through magazines, figured out what I liked in a dress, for example, and put it the “wedding dress” folder. I made folders with labels such as wedding dress, venues, color schemes, flowers, etc. So anything in the magazines that I liked, I would rip the paper out and place it in my folders. I then went over everything with my fiance (except my dress) and we picked out our top 3 choices from each category. Then we would take it from there. I an a very organized, neat freak type of person so this worked very well for me. I also made excel spreadsheets in our computer for budgeting and guest count. These are just some of my tools that I used. Hope this helps 🙂
Post # 4
1. I use the wedding checklist on the knot
2. My FH is a whiz at excel so he created an extensive spreadsheet for us to keep track of our budget and spending for the wedding
3. I have a big binder at home with dividers, and I keep all hard copies of contracts and other info sheets in there.
4. I have various wedding folders in my gmail so I can categorize emails
5. I’m past this point now, but when we were looking for vendors, I created a google doc spreadsheet for each category (venue, photographer, dj, etc) to compare the vendors to each other to help me decide which one I wanted.
Post # 5
My Maid/Matron of Honor made me a 3-inch 3-ring binder filled with spreadsheets, pockets, sheet protectors, lists, etc. It’s been BEYOND helpful!
Post # 6
I have folders with images saved for inspirations.
I have folders with all my DIY projects
I have a binder with all printed stuff and vendors in it
I love to use sticky notes!!! I use those for my to do lists weekly
I have an excel sheet with EVERYTHING from pricing, guest list, song list, to do list on the day off, it’s part of the google documents, it’s great!
Post # 7
My fiance and I created google docs for our to do list, budget, and guest list that way either of us can always access that information without having to pull out a bunch of paper.
For other photo inspirations, I have a binder with pocket folders separating ideas for flowers, colors, invitations, ceremony, reception, etc.
hope this helps!