(Closed) How are your RSVPs coming in?

posted 10 years ago in August 2010
Post # 47
Member
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think it’s so rude when people don’t send them back! And for all the “but you know I’m coming!” Yes- but there are 55 other people that told me the same thing. As if we don’t have anything else to worry about!

 

christine92: I completely agree with you!

Post # 48
Member
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

our deadline is tomorrow and we still have 38 outstanding reply cards. most of which know whether they are coming or not, but come on, send the freaking thing back! it makes it so much easier when we’re going to be making up the seating arrangements to keep families and dates together!

i know that some people said that they aren’t sure whether they can come due to not getting their schedules yet and that’s fine, but some people just have no excuse except for the fact that they apparently can’t pick up a pen and put a check in a box and then go outside and put that envelope in the mail.

Post # 49
Member
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I finally tracked down the last of my remaining RSVPS.  Out of the 34 people who did not respond on time – only 4 are not coming. Now I’m glad I can move on to ordering favors, out of town bags, escort cards, etc.  Good luck to everyone else on tracking down those non responders! 

Post # 50
Member
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I hate when people dont respond back! I mean if it was there wedding they would want to know, weddings are something you can just say last minute or actually instead of 10 theres 50 people coming!! then you feel bad when they come and there name is not on the seating chart… but you know what bee’s I have made a decision, I am not gonna call the people that didnt respond back, since they wont care I wont either!! But I have a different problem, we told our venus that we were inviting 120 guest, my mom and I decided to invite 140 (just in case a lot of people decline to come) now I have 130 guest coming, meaning more money on food!! ugh!! I didnt think that many people were gonna come, it is a destination wedding and I was just surprised! but my dead line had come and gone, and I am still getting RSVP’s

Post # 51
Member
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Why can’t people meet the RSVP deadline? Grrrrrr. Frustrated. (It’s like “Hello! Planning a wedding over here. Got enough on my plate, thank you very much. And now I need to follow-up with you because you couldn’t pop a postcard in the mail that was already addressed and stamped? Really?”) 

Our deadline was 7.14.10. At that time 65% of our guests had responded, leaving me to email/call 35%. 

Today, 7/20, here’s where the numbers stand.

544 invited

306 YES

121 NO

12 UNINVITED ADD-ONS

78% RESPONDED

28% NO

387 PROJECTED COMING

Post # 52
Member
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Still waiting on my rsvp’s:

Invited: 42

yes: 25

No:5

1 wrote on rsvp card “unsure maybe one or none” (!?!)

waiting on: 11

How exactly is one supposed to plan a seating chart with a ‘maybe’?

edited to add:  Our rsvp date was July 21st.

Post # 53
Member
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Our numbers came out perfect.

We have 121 adults which is 1 over the minimum we needed to reach for the lower price. 9 children 10 & under which brings us to 130. Then about 13 kids that are 5 & under whom are all free.

Yippee!

Everyone fits nicely into our venue the way we want to set up the table. Snug but not overly uncomfortable.

Post # 54
Member
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Ngolden1 – Your hunch is right, the no’s wait to the last minute. (understandably).  Our response request is 7/31 (this Sun!) 

on 7/14: 235 seats with 79 Yes & 2 No’s

on 7/26: 235 seats with 128 Yes & 35 No’s.

Our outstanding is 72, however most of those will be no’s. We expect only 29 more yes which is ironically only 7 over our original number to our caterer. Phew! One month to go!!!

Post # 55
Member
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Just gave our final #s!

They could not be any more perfect!

Adults: 120 including us. we reached the minimum for the lower price!

Kids 10 & under (1/2 price) 8

Kids 5 & under (Free!) 12

Total: 140

Post # 56
Member
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Reply by date: August 6 (only 6 business days left)

244 people invited (including us)

83 attending

17 not attending

144 people still outstanding, which is crazy to me! There are still a lot of people that are definitely coming that haven’t responded yet, though, including the wedding party – only my matron of honour has responded so far. And there are a lot of extended family members that are definitely coming, but for some reason haven’t responded yet. I wish people would hurry up and get theirs in.

The topic ‘How are your RSVPs coming in?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors