Post # 1
I am in love with these chair signs, but the Etsy shop owner isn’t replying to any of my messages. 🙁 Does anyone know of shop that has a similar style (with one ribbon going over the chair in the center, rather than tying to each side to the chair as most of them do)? Or a DIY on how to create this?
Post # 3
It doesn’t look too difficult to DIY.. just guessing..
1) Get about 1-2 yards of ribbon (enough to make & bow and drape it as low as you want)
2) Find a font you like on DaFont.com or another Font site, download it, and print out Bride on an 8×11.5 white cardstock
3) Trace/cut out the shape on your white paper & a larger version on a pink color paper. Make make stencils first with another piece of cardstock
4) Doublestick tape the white sign to the pink backing.
5) Hot glue one side of the ribbon to the sign & the bow above it.
6) Create some kind of fastening for the other side of the ribbon to attach behind the bow/sign area after it loops over the chair. You could sew on a button & a little loop, or just tape it together after you put it on the chair
Hope this gives you some ideas if the Etsy girl doesn’t get back to you
Post # 4
The OP above me has the general idea — this shouldn’t be hard or expensive to do at all. What I would recommend for maximum fastening ease is sticky Velcro tabs, which should be available at your local craft store. They have adhesive on them already, so you just peel and stick a hooky side to the back of your sign and a fuzzy side to your ribbon (or vice versa). That’s what I did for mine — photo below. 🙂
Post # 5
Post # 7
Post # 9
@weddingbound: Awesome idea! I actually have the signs you shared bookmarked on Etsy as my back up. Great minds think alike!
Post # 10
@village_skeptic: Love the velcro idea – thank you!