(Closed) How can I "jazz up" Mori Lee 4705?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013 - old cheese factory

@mrsalexander:  since it is so plain you have open range of making this dress your own. add some pops of color with some statement jewelery. is the belt attatched? if not change out the belt to something with a little more pop to it. or just a solid colored sash. what color scheme is your wedding?

Post # 4
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Another Bee went to Joanne’s and bought sparkly tulle, and made a layer of sparkle tulle on top of her dress. It looks really cool! You could add a layer of tulle or organza between the two top layers, and give a bit of shine behind the front layer. Or color. 

You could add a colored hem, add a big statement belt, or leave it as is and do big accessories. 

Post # 6
3257 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yes I would say a sash/belt/what-have-you in a colour, and a colourful necklace of the same length as the one in the picture.

Post # 7
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Date twins! Yay, Fridays.

You could add a layer of colored tulle to the bottom. That would be so fun- When you lift it to walk, you could se a fun flash of color. And it would look awesome during your first dance. You can also add some pretty sparkly sleeves to it. Another option would be adding a line of sparkle to the bust-line. Something like the top of this dress (not the entire thing though http://www.weddingdress4cheap.com/images/WU/WU280.jpg)

Post # 8
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013 - old cheese factory

ooo or as cirk said about adding color to the dress you can dye your underskirt so there is a pop of color under your dress. look on pinterest for inspiration pics πŸ™‚

Post # 9
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I think a statement necklace and blush crinoline underneath would be pretty. 

Post # 10
2055 posts
Buzzing bee

@cirk:  Love these suggestions. 

@mrsalexander:  instead of coloured sashes, etc. Depending on how much you are willing to spend, why not add a beaded/embroidered hem? Like this:

Or you can add a coloured layer underneath (though it might look crazy with the white bodice):

Or leave the dress and get a sparkly belt + an amazing veil:

Post # 12
3371 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I actually love your gown, it’s so classic and romantic. If it was me, I would do a beautiful blingy sash, amazing shoes and a jewelled headpiece/veil with lace or crystal detail. I have the opposite problem as my gown is very ornate – it’s kind of annoying not being able to go all out with accessories!

Post # 13
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@mrsalexander:  Okay, it helps to know why you chose this dress. I would do a super blingy sash with long tails tied in the front maybe.

I pulled this from another bee’s post. I like the sash on the left with lots of beading. 

Post # 14
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@mrsalexander: I’m sorry you feel like you settled πŸ™ that’s really hard. I tried this one on and I think it’s beautiful! I would recommend adding the lace to the bottom– I think that would be amazing. Also I’ve seen some SUPER cool chunky necklaces with these dresses.

The topic ‘How can I "jazz up" Mori Lee 4705?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors