Post # 1
Not actually a New Bee, but a returnee bee using a new name 🙂
My finance said he wants a ‘funny’ wedding. Any ideas?
I’m worried we’ll be a bit disrespectful if we’re not careful but he’s known for his sense of humour so if we did nothing it’d be a bit of a let down I think
Post # 3
Cute idea! A few things came to mind:
– You could start by asking whoever is officiating your wedding to include some humor in the ceremony, although you might have to provide then with some scripting.
– You could also include a few funny vows as well a your more meaningful ones.
– You could ask your wedding party to include their funniest memory of the two of you in their speeches
– The book that your guests sign could be a photo book of silly pictures of the two of you
– You could rent a photo booth that comes with all of those funny props for your guests to take pictures with
Post # 4
Don’t know if you still need advice but for other bees who might run accross this thread here are a few things we are doing, funny was pretty important to us.
– Our venue is at a train station, so naturally it follows that the side of our cake would say “I choo-choo-Choose you!”
– We have a photo-booth and in addition to all the fun props, we are making life size cut outs of our dogs, we figured that way they could make a guest appearnce!
– We are having our grand entrance “interrupted” by two very important visitors….the dogs. This is an indoor ceremony at a historic building so it’s a big deal that we can bring them in. But they are just staying a few minutes
– I made personalized coloring books about us and our relationship for the kids and some of my fun/ny friends. They get pretty silly.
– Our first dance is a fun and upbeat country song
There are a few other touches sprinkled throughout. It’s still respectful but also reflects who we are as a couple and our love of fun and laughter.