Post # 1
I don’t normally wear my e-ring, but recently I have been wearing it more. By more, I mean continuously rather than only when going out, etc. I’ve started developing an itchy red blistery looking area where my ring sits on the inside of my finger. After taking my ring off last night and sleeping without it, the redness has gone away a little and it’s not itchy anymore, but you can feel where the tiny little blister bumps still are. I’ve never been allergic to anything before, but I’ve also never worn anything that was real gold before either. I usually wear no jewelry or costume/silver jewelry. Is this what an allergy to gold will do, or does this just sound like sensitive skin being irritated by a ring?
Post # 3
The same thing happens to me when I wear gold and I was told I was allergic.
Post # 4
Sounds like an allergy, but I’d go get it checked out for definite to be sure. I know I’m horribly allergic to white gold with nickel in it (I have a serious nickel allergy) and I get those same symptoms except my skin just burns and burns and burns and it’s awful.
Post # 5
Is it white gold? Could be allergic to the alloys mixed in to make it white.
I get the red/blistery rash when I wear silver, and it is due to an allergy.
Post # 6
It is white gold. I’m kind of broke, so before I make a Dr. appt, I’m experimenting. Now I’m wearnig a regular gold ring, a silver ring, and a totally fake costume ring. I’ll wear them for a day or so and see if any of them irritate me. Fiance said to wear my ering on another finger, but it doesn’t fit my other ring finger (it’s like .25 size bigger, just enough to where it won’t comfortably fit.) We’ll see if anything happens, but I automatically thought just gold, I forgot about the nickel in white gold. Thanks!
EDIT: To make sense lol. I’m wearing the other rings to see if it’s just general irritation, or if I react to any of these rings the same.
Post # 7
With white gold, the jeweler can put extra plating on it which will hold up for a bit. I believe rhodium, palladium, and platinum plating are hypoallergenic, and will provide a barrier for a while before it’s time to replate again.
Also heard painting inner band w/clear nail polish can help.
Post # 8
@abirdword: I used to paint some of my earring posts with nail polish because they would always irritate my ears. I guess I’m just hesitant to paint such an expensive piece of metal! lol