- Boston Bee
- 8 years ago
I’ve plateaued. I joined MFP at the end of December and have been diligent about adding everything I put in my mouth. MFP allots me 1270 calories to lose 1 lb a week. I haven’t lost anything for 3-4 weeks. I usually have one weekend day where I go over by a few hundred calories, but other than that, I stay under my calories. I started working out 2 weeks ago doing the 30ds and running 3 miles a few times a week. I have recently been trying to net 1200 calories a day. I was initially eating less (netting 700-1000 calories a day) thinking I would lose faster, but that’s not happening. So I’m eating more to make sure I get 1200 calories and am exercising. What else can I do?!
Just for reference, this is a typical day for me:
- Breakfast: 3 egg whites and a grande soy sugar-free vanilla latte. (I hate eating breakfast) ~200 calories
- Lunch: Homemade smoothie (few handfuls of spinach, scoop of protein powder, 3/4 c. soy milk, 1/2 c. low-fat plain greek yogurt, 1 c. frozen fruit, 1 tbsp. honey) ~380 calories
- Snack: 1 serving almonds ~150 calories
- After workout: protein shake ~80 calories
- Dinner: 6 oz. lean protein + steamed veggies ~400-500 calories
- Dessert: a few yogurt covered pretzels ~200 calories
Thoughts? Suggestions? Personal experiences?