(Closed) How did you separate work & wedding plans?

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3254 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I know many of you Bees will cringe when you read this, but I’m actually GLAD Weddingbee is blocked at my workplace. I’m a teacher, and I just know I would have ended up spending my prep time stalking WB and then stressing over all my work at home! 

Could you manually block WB yourself? As crazy as it sounds, it may help!

Post # 4
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

You need to stay off of WB!  When I feel myself getting like that, I back awayyy from the computer.  I even use a different browser on my computer so I’m not tempted by the ease of my bookmarks!

You’ll be much more productive in both areas if you back away from them and focus.  Keep it small if you want to, maybe one night a week or the weekend, whatever works for you.

I have an especially hard time with this – my job is weddings… so I can read as many blogs as I want and the boards and Google my little heart out and it’s ok.  Except when it overtakes my focus in helping the brides I’m working with and myself.. my own sanity.

I’ve been on the boards here WAY less this week because it’s crunch time for my wedding.  And since I’m not about to leave brides calling me for next year or room blocks for the fall hanging… I’ve got to choose how to proioritize my time.

Take at least one night too that is wedding AND work free – and spend that with your Fiance.  Otherwise it’s easy to get overwhelmed for both of you.

Good luck!

The topic ‘How did you separate work & wedding plans?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors