Post # 1
I may possibly have to change my wedding date from October 9, 2011 to September 4, 2011.
I’ve already booked the venue, the photographer, and videographer. I’m not too concerned about the photographer or videographer, as I think the new date will still be available for them.
However, the date may not be available with the venue, and if it is, I’m concerned that they may charge us a fee to try to change the date (although there is no mention of it in the contract), especially since we got a discount.
We’re only thinking about changing it to be more accomodating since not as many people have Columbus Day weekend vs Labor Day weekend.
What do you think is the possibility of there not being any problems in changing the date?
Post # 3
I’m a 9/4/11 bride and I think you should talk to your vendors and venue to see their policy. Labor day weekend also seems to be a very busy wedding weekend because I almost didn’t get my date when I tried to book it a year and 7 months ahead of time…luckily the person who put a hold on the date backed out. So ask them ASAP. Our venue gave us a minimum price for food and beverage because of the holiday weekend as well so that might be something to take into consideration. I chose the date for the same reason that you are…I thought it would be more convenient for guests because the have Monday off and I have to have my wedding on a Sunday.
Good luck, hope it works out 🙂
Post # 4
There’s only one way to find out, and that is to ask. Review the contracts you’ve signed before calling so you’re informed.
Post # 5
I had to move my wedding back a year and had no problem with it. The only issue was the venue, they wanted a new deposit, which I felt was fair. Two weeks after changing the date the venue called us and someone booked our date so we got to keep it. None of the other vendors had bookings for our new week so it was no problem.
Post # 6
I’m really praying it’s not a problem but I guess the only thing I can do is ask.
Post # 7
I changed my date from June 25 to July 16 and it wasn’t a problem. I just had to sign new contracts. Just make sure that you talk to all your vendors to make sure it is available before making the switch official.
Post # 8
I switched my date from August 12 to August 6th. So far, there haven’t been any issues switching dates with my ceremony venue or my photographer. I am waiting to switch my DJ contract until I have the address of the new reception location but they ok’d it too. I did have to pay $25 to switch the date at my ceremony venue, but it was one of the questions we asked when we toured it so I knew going in that it was a fee I would have to pay. To us, it was worth it to switch from a Friday ceremony to a Saturday ceremony.