(Closed) How do I address an invitation to a couple that is divorced but dating again?

posted 4 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2609 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Lrroma181986:  If they live together send them one invitation but put both their names on the invitation: Mr. John Smith and Ms. Jane Smith.

If they don’t live together they each get their own invitation at their own address.

Post # 4
11274 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@Lrroma181986:  If they are not (currently) married, have the same last name, and currently share an address, you would address it without  the word “and” (which, on invitations and envelopes implies marriage):

Ms. Jane Emily Doe
Mr. John Edward Doe
12345 Any Street
Anytown, Statehere 98765

If they live apart, you would simply send two invitations, one to each person at his or her own address.

Post # 5
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Are they living together? If not, send them each a separate invitation. If so address it as if they were an unmarried couple with two different last names eg: Mr. John Smith 

Ms. Jane Smith

Two separate lines, no and in between the names. 

The topic ‘How do I address an invitation to a couple that is divorced but dating again?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors