(Closed) How do I get my doctor to listen to me and actually help me?

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Go to a reproductive endocrinologist.  Or at the very least see a different OB/GYN.  You should have good enough rapport with your doctor that you can ask these questions and he can either explain to you why certain things aren’t necessary or order the tests anyways to alleviate your concern.  Either way, it sounds like it’s time to change doctors.

What other test could he do for your thyroid that your insurance would cover if the levels show normal in your blood work?

Post # 4
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I would get a new doctor! Search around until you find one that listens. 

For the thyroid test, are they just testing TSH or are they testing Free T4/Free T3 also?

Post # 6
13251 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

If my doctor didn’t listen to me, I’d drop the doctor and find a new one who would…

Post # 7
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Demand that they order a T3, T4 (if they haven’t already) and also a Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin blood test. 

The topic ‘How do I get my doctor to listen to me and actually help me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors