- 6 years ago
Yay, i’m back on track and we are officially talking about engagement/wedding stuff WOOHOO! (its been a month since we got engaged and we didnt speak about it till yesterday.)
Anyway because I can’t really tell anyone what we are thinking, I would love to get some feedback, ideas and suggestions. Plus you all rock at this stuff!
We are thinking engagement party come surprise wedding. Less pressure, less arguments, fun-factor, less money, no hens/bucks parties, everyone can be invited. YAY. Fi came up with the idea when I said I didn’t want a huge ‘wedding’ wedding. He got what I meant haha.
The concerns are:
1. We wanted to wait 1.5-2 years to save and settle into things that are changing in our lives
2. Our friends are getting married in 6 months from now, is it okay to get married before or close to their date? Can’t really have an engagement party late in the year because thats odd and important family are out of the country
3. MIL/FIL are aware of our thoughts but my M is a big mouth but she would have to know, how to do tackle that. I was thinking bring her into the room with my dress or tell her on the day.
4. Do I tell my Maid/Matron of Honor and BFF who are epic event planning people
5. Does Fi tell Bridesmaid or Best Man who will tell everyone else or do we skip that completly
6. What sort of budget would work for this – we were thinking 10K MAX
Vital things you should know:
* We don’t want the penny to drop till the very moment
* We have a family friend who could marry us who has done this before
* SIL is into her photography, as is a cousin and a few friends
* Fi and I hate the full on attention
Anyone that has pulled this off, I would love to hear your stories 🙂