(Closed) How do you handle it when your husband says or does idiotic things?

posted 4 years ago in Married Life
Post # 16
Member
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

just last night my Fiance said something so stupid in the car and I sarcastically said “when you say things like that it makes me want to stangle you.” I NEVER talk like that btw…but it just came out! We looked at each other and laughed. I agree that sarcasm works!!!

Post # 17
Member
4238 posts
Honey bee

 

turkeysausage:  

ime, the smartest ones seem the most absent-minded.

😉

 

Post # 18
Member
1272 posts
Bumble bee

Side-eye and a big, “OKKKKAAAAY, if you’re sure.” Which implies well enough that I think he is an idiot, but I won’t hold it against him (though he should be prepared to be teased about it later when I’m proven right). Sometimes he laughs and other times (like when he in convinced he is right) he gets huffy.

We also have an inside joke, we say “DASH ISSUES” with a goofy sounding lisp when one or both of us (or even someone else) is being a dumb-dumb. He works in IT and it is a term they use to describe when the network is having issues… don’t ask me, I don’t technology.

Post # 19
Member
940 posts
Busy bee

I just always turn it around onto him. In a nice way “babe, why do you need to talk like that? I’ve managed to express my point without it coming down to that so can you” it usually takes the wind right out of his sails.

Post # 20
Member
5876 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I do NOT respond to this kind of thing productively – I basically get exasperated and then tell him to explain to me what logic he used to come up with that plan in a tone that’s not so nice.  I do not recomend this strategy.  

If I were the person I wanted to be I’d calmly ask him what he meant by that or how that would work.  I am not (YET!) the person I’d like to be.

Post # 21
Member
8960 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

greaselightning:  Can you give an example of what you mean? I don’t think my husband says or does idiotic things. I wouldn’t have married him if he did. I must not understand the question and would appreciate an example or two.

Post # 22
Member
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

princessandthepear:  when im grumoy my Fiance asks me the exact same question. 

Usually I will just laugh at the stupid comment and tease him about it, and he does the exact same to me. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and both know how much we respect each other, so there is no getting our feelings hurt. 

Post # 24
Member
1054 posts
Bumble bee

I yell. Lol. I’m a yeller. And then he does something else that’s intentionally idiotic until I laugh. Thank goodness for him, we balance each other out 🙂

Post # 25
Member
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Met him 14.5 months ago and I still think everything he does and says is adorable 😀  Not planning on that changing anytime soon!

Post # 26
Member
638 posts
Busy bee

Fi’s a really smart guy but sometimes he says stupid things or asks stupid questions. Its like he turns off his brain around me and his sister, and its only with us that acts like that… The most common phrase myself and his little sister says to him is..”you’re an idiot” and then I’ll proceed to tell him why his question or conclusion is dumb… but fi doesn’t really DO anything stupid but when he does I just go comeon.. you know better than that… I try not to get mad over the little things.

Post # 27
Member
2663 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

greaselightning:  I glare. Which he can feel even if he’s not looking at me. He seems to take this with 60% pure fear with the remaining 40% mixed with amusement. So it becomes a bit of a joke and neither of us take it seriously. He knows I’m irked and he knows he’s being stupid!

Post # 28
Member
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Daisy_Mae:  I agree. No one has given an example of what ‘stupid’ things their husband does, and I honestly can’t think of anything my fiance has ever done that I would call stupid. 

Post # 29
Member
6354 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY

I bear with him, as he does the same for me all the time.

Post # 30
Member
146 posts
Blushing bee

lol @ the women on their high horse 

 

 

The topic ‘How do you handle it when your husband says or does idiotic things?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors