Post # 1
I have been super stressed lately with work, school, and wedding stuff. I can’t seem to find a way to “shut down” at the end of the day. I do yoga 2-3 times a week, and although it has helped in the past, it’s not cutting it this time.
So, what do you do to relax at the end of the day?
Post # 3
Right now, I go on weddingbee and fumble around the internet looking at wedding things but it doesn’t sound like that’s gonna help you too much!
There is this awesome addon for Firefox if that’s the browser you use called “Stumbleupon” Basically you tell it things you are interested in, you push the button, and it takes you to a random webpage. I can spend HOURS stumbling!!
I also like to read when I can. Or play some games on my tablet.
Post # 4
I have to read before I go to bed. It’s the only thing that turns my brain off. I need to get absorbed into something entirely different from the rest of my life and just close out everything else.
What about journaling to just get everything out? I know that helps a lot of people!
Post # 5
Well, my partner would argue that I am not skilled at knowing how to relax. But, here’s a few things that work for me (sometimes i do a few things, sometimes just one):
- taking a nice long bath with Lush goodies. I love Lush. My partner got me a fluffy bath robe, bath tray thing (sets on the sides of the tub, and has spots to hold a book, hold a wine glass, etc), and other bath goodies for my bday this year. I just love to light some candles and disappear in there.
- read some crap reading – like any of the mags that show up on my doorstep
- play with our dog, or take him for a walk
- go shopping! if it’s late, just even look at pretty clothes online. maybe buy
- watch a movie (I love penguins. Maybe too much. Happy Feet is corny but always puts me in a better mood)
- play a video game. I love Tetris
- find a small area of the house to clean. I feel better when it’s clean and it’s a small area so I’m not overwhelmed
- paint my nails.
- call up my bestie (she lives in another state) and just… talk. or listen. or whatever.
Post # 6
One or two glasses of wine and my iPad 🙂
Post # 8
deep breathing a few times a day (sounds silly but it really helps).
Light exercise at home while watching my favorite show.
just getting away from the computer/phone/TV for a while (listen to music while doing light chores, etc)
Post # 9
When I relax I like to read, have a glass (or two) of wine, watch Lifetime movies, and I’ve been really into running lately. I also love to cook.
Post # 10
To relax? Literally…watch movies/tv on my couch with a blanket and a good pillow. That’s so lame but that’s what I also do to de-stress and it takes my mind off of everything!
Post # 11
My favorite way to relax is with a cup of tea, my laptop (and weddingbee!) and a tv show or good movie! I really need to start relaxing more often because life has just been too crazy lately!
Post # 12
Mint tea is the best thing ever. Or if I’m super stressed, red wine. And for me, a really good soup or a bowl of rice makes me instantly feel better.
As for activities, watching a girly movie is aways good, or doing a sitcom marathon of a favorite TV show with Fiance.
Post # 13
Great suggestions everyone. You are the best! I don’t have a bath in my apartment, but I would love a hot bath. Being on my computer is NOT relaxing for me lol! I find myself being sucked into wedding planning or school work so easily.
I just bought a new book on my kindle and a new tea. Relaxation starts NOW! 🙂