(Closed) How does this menu sound? Catering for 100 at 2k

posted 5 years ago in Food
Post # 3
8430 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Do you have any vegetarian/vegan guests because there would not be anything substancial for them to eat.

Post # 4
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

** PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR **

Oh my gosh… 100 people Catered for $ 2 K ($ 18 per person is frickin amazing !!)

We dished out well over $ 1 K to Catering for aprox 50 people and only had light eats (crudite tray – cheeze & crakers – finger sandwiches – pickles – and Wedding Cake)

— — —

Your menu looks great.

Only thing I can think of is you need a veggie … maybe Steamed Green Beans ??

And curious what you’ve picked for your Chicken and Pork Entrees… if either is just roasted, then having gravy is always a welcome addition (lol, some folks just can’t live without gravy it seems)

Post # 5
845 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@CrazyCatLady13:  I would add something else in the buffet. Maybe roasted vegetables or something lighter than the cheesy potatoes. Dessert sounds fine. 

Post # 6
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Agree with PPs.  You need some kind of green vegetable to go with the meats and cheesy potatoes.

Post # 7
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I agree that you should add a green veggie. 

The dessert looks great!  But if you could subsititue one for the green veggies….that would work.

And congrats on such a great price!!

Post # 8
4436 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Looks good- awesome price! You can prob take out the cookies and/or cheesecake bites?

Post # 9
7689 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@CrazyCatLady13:  Looks great to me. I would try to add a hot veggie in addition to the salad. And there’s no such thing as too much dessert in my book!! You did awesome, finding a delicious spread like this for such a reasonable price!

Post # 10
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@This Time Round:  +1. Hahahaha I am glad I am not the only one who the this reaction to the price. 

OP, I would also suggest one or two green veggies. I know a lot of picky eaters/people who only eat certain kinds of meat and people like me who don’t eat a lot of meat just because they love veggies! So I would recommend that but otherwise sounds super good to me 😀

Post # 11
2786 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If the pasta is going to not have meat, then I think you’re good, but I do like the idea of a hot veggie…maybe something steamed?

The topic ‘How does this menu sound? Catering for 100 at 2k’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors