(Closed) How does your garden grow?

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

You’re garden looks pretty! Being in florida… it’s going to be hot for a while so we won’t be thinking about fall for a very long time. I can’t wait though, my herbs hate this heat!

Post # 4
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@artbee: I’m in FL, too, and I’ve just let my herbs die. It’s been to frickin hot to keep them going. I’ll just replant in a month or so. 

Post # 5
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

As it gets cooler, i’ll probably bring my herbs in as they are in a container.  We have planted tomatoes, chili’s, etc and will just let it go.  We have planted mums and sweet potatoe vines for the fall in our backyard.

Post # 7
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I spent this last weekend pullling the gigantic weeds out of my new front yard garden. And by gigantic I mean at least 3 feet long! I was hoping to spend Labor Day Weekend planting mums and some bulbs for spring, but Hurricane Earl might put a damper on those plans. 🙁

I love those black eyed susans. As the offical state flower of Maryland I feel like its almost obligatory that I put some in the yard!

Post # 9
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I need to weed weed and weed! The previous owners let the garden go to crap so there are all sorts of invasive weeds that we’ve been battling since the spring. I’d love to mulch before the winter sets in as well, and I have to cut back our herbs {they’re in the ground so stay out all year} and our other perennials. Not to mention plant more bulbs for the spring! I love my spring bulbs, they always make me smile. 

Post # 10
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh boy, I have a lot on my plate as far as gardens go this fall.

I am going to be furiously weeding the new raised beds I put in this spring, as well as tearing up 90% of the old front garden, then furiously weeding the remaining 10%.

I’ve already mulched our large pocket gardens which is a good thing because they are HUGE.

I also have to bring up some bulbs for the winter(dahlias), plant some new ones to ‘rest’  (tulips) through the cold months, and If I get really really ambitious I will be building a series of raised vegetable plots.. but we’ll have to wait and see how everything else goes, haha.

You guys did a great job, I have to admit I have been putting the weeding & mulching off since it is so labor intensive.

The topic ‘How does your garden grow?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors