Post # 1
I think I am waaaay ahead of the game.
I am getting married May 23rd, 2014.
-Venue booked, deposit paid
-Music booked, deposit paid
-My wedding ring bought
-His wedding ring custom order started
-Gotten proposal from 1 caterer, waiting to hear from 1 more
-Meeting with a potential photographer in 2 weeks
I think I may be an overplanner…
How far along are you in your planning process? <br>
Is there such a thing as over planning?
Post # 3
Haha i was exactly the same, I couldn’t help it, I loved overy single second. I was permenantly glued to my laptop. I had a spreadsheet on the go literally within about 2 hours of getting engaged haha. Enjoy it
Post # 4
I think it’s smart. Just be prepared for enjoying the vast amounts of time when you will have nothing to do! Though I suppose if you are into DIY projects, you could stay busy with wedding stuff for the entire time. I am not a DIY person (nor do I have the time with graduate school), so I went for months when people would ask me, “How’s wedding planning going?” and I’d reply “Awesome! Haven’t thought it about for a while!”
Post # 5
So far I have:
- 2 photographers
- 2 bartenders
- About a quarter of the guests’ addresses
- A date in June to try on dresses
- Chosen our honeymoon package and researched flights
- Been to 2 bridal shows
- Chosen the bridal party and picked their dress (one of whom has already purchased her dress since it’s on sale!)
- And a huge wedding binder!
But I do have most of the things already picked out, just waiting to pay for them (:
Also, we’ve already been engaged for nine months, so I feel like I’ve contained my need to plan pretty well. Lol.
Post # 6
My date will either be May 17th or May 24th, 2014. We have to meet with the church before we can really say.
So far I have…
– Figured out the budget and created a spreadsheet for it
– Figured out the guest list
– Chosen a venue (but have not booked because of the date issue)
– Chosen my colors (green, blue, white, and brown)
– Researched the cheapest ways to do everything – we’re on a tight budget and are doing a LOT of DIY
– Chosen the band
– Researched and decided on a honeymoon but again cannot book because of the date thing
So nothing has been booked yet but many things have been decided. We’re just waiting until we have the date set in stone.
Post # 7
Better to over plan! My wedding is may 25 and so far i have:
- Booked and paid for ceremony church
- Deposit down on reception which is an all inclusive package so i dont have to worry about booking other vendors
- Got dress
- Setted on colors
- Excel sheet of budget
- Guestlist done
- wedding website almost done
- chose bridal party and location for bachelorette party (yes!)
Now i am going to set up to do engagement photos!
Having all the majot things set has eased my stress…so i think your alllll good!
Post # 8
- Wedding: May 2014 - The Cove Lakeside Resort
I have the venue (they also do the catering), and the engagement pictures done, std’s almost done…. I have a bit of a fear of calling people, so i’m having a hard time with calling to book a marriage commissioner and other things …. oh well
Post # 10
- Venue booked
- Caterer booked
- Photographer booked
- Dress bought
- Wedding jewelry bought
- My wedding ring (came from his grandma)
- His wedding ring
- Save-The-Date Cards (vistaprint – love them!)
- invitations (Michaels)
- centerpieces started (we’re DIYing terrariums
We’ll probably do engagement pictures sometime this month, we’re doing food tastings (to pick out our menu) at the end of this month also. The only things that we don’t have are the cake, his tux, and escort cards/table numbers.
I am getting everything paid for asap because I get a research stipend this summer that will pretty much be our whole budget for the wedding (about 4.5k). I have it all on my credit card now so that I can pay off my credit card as soon as the research stipend comes in and I won’t have to worry about saving the money for a whole year or spending it on other things.
Post # 11
I love, love love planning! Our date is May 10, 2014 and so far we have:
-Ceremony/reception venue booked and paid
-Caterer/bartender booked and paid
-Photographer booked and paid
-Dress was ordered, already came in!!!!
-Colors (pink, green and white)
-Guest list/addresses complete
-Wedding bands ordered
-Bridesmaids picked, date set to pick dresses
-Save the date/engagement pics scheduled
-Invitations/response cards picked and printed
-Wedding cake design picked out
-Candy buffet containers/favor bags purchased
Im currently working on centerpieces and my aisle runner that will be covered in petals 🙂 We’ve also looked at honeymoon options but cant book anything yet due to the date issue. If Im not planing something for our wedding I feel like something is wrong haha
Post # 12
Here are my planning updates:
- Venue confirmed-which includes our reception food because it’s a restaurant
- Photographers booked/deposited
- DJ booked/deposited
- My wedding ring
- FI’s wedding band
- Guest list
- Started a private registry (just because 🙂 )
Post # 13
We just engaged 16 days ago, so I’m a little behind some of you ladies, but that’s not to say I don’t have some degree of crazy-spider-monkey-planning within me!
The weekend after we got engaged, we went to see our first venue option, and have decided seeing that one is enough. 🙂
So far we/I have:
-Picked venue (putting deposit down this week)
-Contacted church regarding ceremony
-Started researching caterers and bartenders. I originally thought we were going to do a fancy plated dinner, but now we’re leaning toward something more casual, like a pig roast! Our venue lets us bring in all food and drink, so I can choose from anyone, anywhere.
-Created a preliminary guest list
-Begun researching photographers, DJ, limo, flowers.
I really have no idea how you go about picking a DJ. Photographers you can look at their photos online, limos you can look at online and can go in person to check them out. Any ideas on how to go about that?
Post # 14
DANG, LADIES! You’re making me look bad. So far I have:
- venue booked
- DJ in progress of being booked
- family florist
- mom is baking the cake, she used to do it professionally!
- family wedding photographer
- estimated guest list
- appointment for wedding dress shopping
- bridal party selected
and my colors have been chosen since before I even met my fiance. HA! When are you ladies doing STD? I thought it was too early to start since it’s a year away?
Post # 15
Just wanted to add to my list!
– Photographer decided and tentatively booked. She’s holding the date for me until the church can confirm it. She’s really sweet.
– Found the dress at a consignment shop of all places – custom made, never been worn (wedding was called off). Paying for it and picking it up tomorrow!
Post # 16
@Meant2bMrsC: date twinsies!
So far we have:
booked our venue and paid two deposits,
booked and paid in full our 2 photographers
booked and paid deposit for dj/photobooth/lighting/mc package
purchased bottles for centerpieces
selected style for dresses and tuxes
shopped for wedding dresses once
written guest list COMPLETE with addresses (that was a big one)
purchased cake toppers/return address stamp
figured out most of our decorating scheme/made spreadsheet of what we will need
I am definitely an overplanner 🙂