Post # 1
I’m curious, how far did everyone book their venue? I’m looking to do May 2013 and scared if SO waits too long to officially pop thequestion that the venue won’t be available. And I just have to get married on this particular day. It’s very special and significant !! So please, share your expertise with me!! 🙂 thank you!
Post # 3
It was definitely less than a year. I think we finally decided on a date in April or May of 2011? It might have even been June. However, this is completely due to the area. Some more popular areas/venues do book up quite a bit faster.
Post # 5
10 months. Every venue we looked at was available for our date.
Post # 6
haha – thats a year and a half away lady! I don’t think you need to be worried about that!!
9 months for us – and they still had 1 open week in Sept. and 2 in Oct.
several places I researched said right on their websites they won’t book more than a year in advance as a policy.
I’ve noticed a lot of your posts (because I remember Ariel – haha) and I have one teensy bit of advice for you … slow down, and deal with one thing at a time!!!! if you’re actively worrying about your venue before you’re even engaged, you’re not going to enjoy yourself to the fullest because you’re going to be so amped up about the next thing to worry about.
Post # 7
We booked nine months before. We also had a lot of choices when we did.
Post # 8
A year and four months, but even at 18 months we couldn’t get the date we originally wanted at the venue we chose (though that saved us £2000 on hire fees alone).
Post # 9
I looked in June/July of 2010 for Sept of 2011 and there weren’t any churches/venues that lined up for us. We went with March 2012 and had our pick. Our area books waaay out, though, it’s not uncommon to have to book a year+ out.
If you and your SO are pretty close to an engagement, maybe ask him about securing the location? You may not have to commit but instead see if they’ll just keep a hold on it and let you know if someone else calls for that same date. Then it’s crunch time and you book or let it go.
Post # 10
We booked ours about exactly a year before when we’ll be getting married. I was in the same situation and I actually ended up booking the venue a couple of weeks before he proposed!! I just didn’t wanted to chance it and I wanted the date and venue and knew he would be popping the question soon 🙂
Post # 11
@MissTX: I’m also getting married in May 2013 and I am hoping we finalize a venue end of this month. I’ve been contacting and touring venues since the fall. I don’t mind booking early so we can lock the 2012 price before increase later on. Only problem is that I hope we don’t have regrets and think that we’ll find something else.
Post # 12
I booked 10 months out and I was lucky that ceremony space was available for that date. I’d say book it at least a year out if possible.
Post # 13
We booked ours about 15 months ahead of time, and the guy told us there was another couple looking at our date as well. In my area, some venues won’t let you book until a year to the day, but there is one venue I know for sure that Saturdays in the summer are booked up 2 full years ahead of time.
If there is a date you absolutely must have, and its a Saturday, I would say just get it done as soon as possible. You will feel SO much better knowing its yours! Good luck:)
Post # 14
I booked in July of 2011 and i’m getting married in Oct 2012…so 15 months.
Post # 15
Booked Jan 1 2009 for Sept 2010 but that was because we knew the venue opens booking on Jan 1 and were warned that the whole season books at the begining of Jan a year prior. We first visited the venue early Oct. 2008 and all of the 2009 season was booked out. If you have a specific venue in mind, give them a call and ask when they typically book events and how popular your day is. In our case we wanted the shoulder season as the venue was more flexible on how many hours you could book but even though it was not high season it was still booked out over a year in advance.
Post # 16
We booked in June 2011 and we’re getting married May 2012 🙂 🙂