Post # 1
I’m a person who would rather buy things here and there for the wedding, instead of having huge bills near the end. So, how far in advance did you purchase any of the following:
– Candy for a candy buffet:
– Bridesmaid/attendant gifts:
– Other items for the candy buffet (jars, containers, etc.):
– Lotions/travel items from Bath and Body Works, survival kit items, etc.:
Post # 3
– Candy for a candy buffet: I purchased these 3 months in advance and made the cookies 2 months in advance. Everything was fresh and perfect the day of.
– Bridesmaid/attendant gifts: I started purchasing these immediately; about 18 months in advance.
– Other items for the candy buffet (jars, containers, etc.): I started purchasing these immediately; about 18 months in advance.
– Lotions/travel items from Bath and Body Works, survival kit items, etc.: I started purchasing these immediately; about 18 months in advance.
Post # 4
I was constantly looking/shopping for those things, so if I saw them in a store, I took a picture with my phone. If I was at a garage sale and I just happen to see two dishes for the candy bar, I bought them, even if it was 18 months away. The beauty of a 22 month engagement is having the time to price things. The reality things, everything usually goes up in price just based on inflation, so if you can store it, buy it now if you see a deal.
Post # 5
Sounds good! I was just worried about lotions, soaps, etc., going bad, or buying something and it being out of style come June 2012. However, I’m about 16 months out now, so that shouldn’t be too big of an issue :-).
Post # 6
I started picking things up here there right away, knowing that if I waited, I wouldn’t be able to get them. BM’s gifts are all done, favors are done and awaiting a sale on kisses and truffles :), shoes are done, dress is done, starting my veil, card box done….. I’m a crazy DIY bride so I am makining a ton of stuff, about half is already done. I’d rather have nothing to do but be nervous (LOL) the last few months than scramble to get everything done!
Post # 7
I would start looking for stuff for the bms and survival kit stuff during the christmas and after christmas sales for your date, unless you see something is really a deal.
Post # 8
I have not bought any of that. I’m not doing candy buffet and i don’t know about the lotions and stuff you are talking about.
I may start looking for attendant gifts this summer.