How I got married in one month for less than $200 + my wedding hype opinion

posted 6 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

You look beautiful! Good for you for not spending so much money on something that isn’t necessary. Congratulations!!!! 

Post # 4
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

You are a very wise young woman!  Congratulations!

Post # 5
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

Congratuations! You look lovely! It’s wonderful that you planned an event with a budget that made you comfortable. I love seeing everyone’s creative ways to stay within their budgets. πŸ™‚

I hope I have misinterpreted your attitude towards those who decided to walk a different path when it comes to guest list size and budget. We are happy to host our friends and family at our wedding and have enjoyed the planning process, too!

Post # 6
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

LOVE IT!!!

Post # 7
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love that you loved your wedding, and it looks like it was gorgeous! Just remember that everyone has different reasons for wanting a wedding and reception :). 

For me, the year I spent planning my wedding with my mom was kind of a way for us to let go since I had lived at home almost my whole life and I went to college just 30 minutes away. I’m glad you had your dream wedding!

Post # 8
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@mink: I did not interpret any type of negative attitude towards others in her post.

Good for you for doing it the way you wanted to; it looks beautiful.

Post # 9
1446 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You look gorgeous! Congrats on your marriage and not getting sucked into all the details of a wedding!!!

Post # 10
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

You look so HAPPY. πŸ™‚ And that’s what matters most of all.

I am definitely stressing about all the expenses too, I originally only thought we would spend 3,000 but now it seems that will only cover the dress (which I already purchased) and venue. I love the church you got married in and it’s so great that it’s where your parents got married too. I just wish I could figure out how I’m going to have the day I want and afford it.

Post # 11
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@mink: I understand what you were saying because when I read the line “All so they can compliment us, give us a toaster and go home”, I realized that the OP and I must have some different ideas about weddings and guests.

However, OP, you looked absolutely gorgeous and I’m so glad you were able to have the wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank!  Your day looked lovely, congratulations. πŸ™‚

Post # 12
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love it too. πŸ™‚ Congrats!

Post # 13
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

That is such a sweet story! Made me tear up a little about your grandma. I’m glad you got everything you wanted out of your day! You looked beautiful.

Post # 14
11392 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

You looked so beautiful and you and your hubby look so happy! My hubby and I also Had a low key wedding and it was the best day of our lives! A very  wise choice indeed!

Post # 15
2548 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Aw, I love this! I love your dress! What a steal too. I kind of wanted a nice, low key cotton dress like that. But the dress I wore was one my husband had his eye on for a while, so I got it for him. You are very beautiful, and you and your husband make a very handsome couple!!

Congratulations πŸ™‚

Post # 16
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

That honestly may have been one of my favorite recaps.  You looked so lovely and so in love.  Congrats MRS! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors