(Closed) How I got married in one month for less than $200 + my wedding hype opinion

posted 8 years ago in Recaps
Post # 107
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You looked beautiful and the wedding looked awesome! I’m glad you had the wedding of your dreams!

Post # 109
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wow! Good for you, girl! You look beautiful and SO happy!!

Post # 110
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@zmonet:  First of all, I’m sorry for the passing of your grandma.  Secondly, I respect all of your decisions, but I think your attitude about “hosting” a party is off.

It sounds like maybe you realized you did NOT want to be hosting a party as a condition for you to be married, which I understand, but just the same as if I decided to have a BBQ at my house for a group of family or friends, I would ENJOY spending the money on it and showing them a good time.

A wedding to me, does not REQUIRE hosting everyone for a party, but to us, we couldn’t picture the day without everyone there and we WANTED to host a big party for them. 

I’m glad you found what works for you, and that you had your dream wedding for less than $200, but I think you have to understand that wouldn’t make everyone else happy, necessarily.

Post # 111
628 posts
Busy bee

Thank you! thank you so much for posting this. This is all my Handsome wants a small wedding just like what you had. I, on the other hadn was on the fence about. For the same reason too, I’m a people pleaser. But then I saw your pictures and how happy you look. I’m no longer on the fence about. Thank you!

Post # 112
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

wow, that’s amazing you did it with only $200; good for you; my parents only had two guests, they had both moved here and did not know anyone and had their two witnesses, simple yet sincere

I think the most important thing is the ceremony and the commitment you make, I agree everyone gets bogged down and lose sight of things; 50 years ago, people would just get married in church and have a cake and drink reception in the hall; or some countries have a simple church ceremony and dancing and lunch very simple, the wedding industry has jacked up all the prices sky high in the past 30 years which is a shame and make brides feel they need bigger and grander and the wedding industry causing more stress due to money than need be kudos to you for sticking to your principles and making it about you and your husband, you can see the love and happiness shine; good for you for doing it your way!!! think you may have ruffled some feathers here, but good for you!!

Post # 113
1867 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@jpalm13:  some people can spend $250 per head and still afford to buy a new car. Just sayin. 

Post # 114
2487 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

oh how I envy you! I need to raise my children to not.. be like me haha!

Post # 115
4943 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@zmonet:  First of all…you look beautiful, and your groom is a doll!

Secondly, you’re a smart cookie! Your wedding was just as special as if you’d spent tens of thousands of dollars. I eloped and spent a lot less than most people. And I’m perfectly ok with that. 🙂 Your dress is adorable. I also got a white strapless sundress for mine from Macy’s. Was about $60. Can’t beat that!

Congrats and many years of happiness!

Post # 116
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Wow…..$200…that’s great! But you did what was best for you…..not everyone wants a $200 wedding. Most women have dreamed of their wedding day since they were little girls (me included), I always wanted a big wedding and that’s what I’m going to do. You do what you can afford, it dosen’t matter if it’s a $200, $500, $10,000 or even $60,000. It’s their choice…..they do what makes them happy.

Post # 117
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Love this! THank you so much for sharing 🙂

Post # 118
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I know I’m late, but I have to say you guys are so adorable!!!

Post # 119
1 posts
Wannabee

Congratulations. You look amazing and had the perfect attitude for a stress free wedding. I am in the middle of planning a friends wedding, who also had a month to plan, as well as planning my own for next year. I keep telling her it doesn’t matter what clothes you wear or how many gifts you get: It could be a 4 second wedding ceremony or a 2 hour ceremony what matters in the long run is that you are married. 

Post # 119
1 posts
Wannabee

Absolutely loved your story, thanks for sharing. That was a very wise decision! I too am a people pleaser, so, you’ve helped me have more courage to follow my heart of having a simple wedding.

Post # 119
2123 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Oh shiz! This is 5 years old but it’s blooming amazing. I love it! Perfect wedding. All about the marriage. I’d love to hear from OP now.

The topic ‘How I got married in one month for less than $200 + my wedding hype opinion’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors