- 7 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
Hi ladies! I am on the verge of ordering my veil and am not 100% sure how long it should be. Advice welcome!
- The back of my dress is super plain and the gown itself is a less traditional sheath cut</a>, so I wanted a long veil to up the bride factor.
- I will be ordering a soft silk veil from Dream Veils. The soft silk has much less floatiness and body than typical tulle.
- The train of the dress, if you can call it that, only extends 12-14 inches from my back at full extension.
- I am leaning toward a chapel-length veil that will trail at least 8 inches longer than the dress train.
- I am 60 inches tall and will be in 4 inch heels.
- I plan to wear the veil on the back of my head, not the top or under my hair.
I definitely want a relatively long veil, and it seems like the soft silk would just hang down straight if it were less than chapel length.
So how long should it be? 85 inches? 90?