(Closed) How long do B&G have to send Thank you notes?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 4
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think this is less about how long they have (which really isn’t more than a year!) and the fact that everyone else got theirs, so clearly they were writing thank you notes to some people, just not you.  It would be one thing if she said it got lost in the mail but she basically acknowledged that they didn’t send you one and that they know it.  I’m not sure of the best way to handle that but it’s definitely not good etiquette.

Post # 5
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

A year kind of seems too long. I’m 2 months out and freaking because I haven’t finished. Hopefully this weekend!

Post # 6
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Yeah…over a year is definitely TOO long.  They didn’t send you a thank you.  I don’t care if you all don’t get along – no thank you is just plain rude.  I don’t know that there is really much you can do at this point though.  It’s a tough situation 🙁

Post # 7
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I hope we can get ours out within two months.

Post # 8
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I wanted to do something cute with some of our pro pics, and also send guest’s faux-to booth pictures to them in the cards, so I haven’t started yet, but will as soon as I can. 

Post # 9
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Personally – I think three months MAX is an acceptable timeline for getting out thank you notes following the wedding.  I’m requiring myself to have them done by 2 months post-wedding.

Post # 10
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

A year is definitely not accurate…. but better late than never I guess.

Post # 11
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

A year is too long, in my opinion. I’d say a few months.

Post # 12
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Um, they should be sent ASAP. It seems rude to send a thank you note a YEAR after receiving a gift. You have a year to give them a present, but I don’t think they have a year to thank you!

Also, if they have sent their other thanks, this is a little pointed.

What I would do is ignore it. After all, raking someone you don’t like over the coals for not thanking you for a gift you gave seems like a waste of your time.

Post # 13
348 posts
Helper bee

My hubby and I got married 2 1/2 months ago, and I finished the last of mine tonight, and it’s later than I wanted to send them out. I was aiming for two months, but I think three months is still acceptable. Any more than that and you’re really pushing it.

The topic ‘How long do B&G have to send Thank you notes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors