(Closed) How many bees have tried making E-Chicken?

posted 10 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Have you ever made E-Chicken?
    Yes! And just by the look/smell/taste of it my ring has gotta be on its way : (11 votes)
    13 %
    Yes. But it was almost like an everyday dinner dish : (13 votes)
    16 %
    Yes. But talk about a disaster (I'm sure its no testament for my cooking skills though) : (5 votes)
    6 %
    No. But soon! : (16 votes)
    19 %
    Not interested! : (38 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 17
    13561 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I’d never heard of it till I joined WB.

Post # 18
    735 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I made it awhile back. He did like it, but he wasn’t blown away with it. I’m still waiting for a ring.

Post # 19
    3586 posts
    Sugar bee

I’ve made it twice.

1st- motives for a ring, electric stove, not all the way done, ok, he cooked it longer,lol

2nd- no motive, thank you dinner, gas stove, well done and delicious according to SO

I say if you have a gas stove, it’ll cook better. I didn’t really try with this chicken, but the 1st time I did.LOL

Post # 20
    591 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I have never heard of it. Does anyone have a recipe?

Post # 21
    7298 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

I made it on Saturday and had a fantastic reaction. He even told his friends how good it was. And it’s not like I don’t cook! I cook everyday! I posted my reaction and pictures here. (opens in new window)

As for cooking times, I knew there was no way a 4 pound bird was going to be done in 15 minutes like the directions say. It didn’t even reach 180 degrees until it had been in the oven for about 80 minutes. I followed the directions from the packaging. 20 minutes for each pound.

Post # 22
    247 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I am going to make this soon–I think it just sounds yummy!

And if it happens to work some sort of magic on the Mr., all the better!

Post # 23
    4354 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’m going to make it sometime soon, it sounds very yummy! And hopefully it’s magical haha.

Post # 24
    9 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I would never do this. I would want my fiance to choose to do it on his own (which he did), not cook him something and cross my fingers that it would work… I’m sorry but I find this to be desperate :0(

Of course it’s not desperate if you’re really just hungry!

Post # 25
    610 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @hibiscusgirl: Basically here’s the gist:

Oven 350 Degrees.

risne your thawed chicken and dry it. Rub sea salt and pepper inside and out. Put a splash of lemon juice in it. Get two washed and dried lemons, poke holes in it with a fork and roll it to get the juices flowing, stick it in the cavity of your bird.

Put it in the oven: I cook it breast side up for 30 mins-1 hr flip it. The recipie says it only takes an hour, but I’ve had it take about 30 mins per lb. I’ve found the best results are when I just cook it and check the temperature w/a meat thermometer. you want the inside to be a solid 165 degrees, dark meat a little higher.

Post # 26
    1235 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I didn’t hear about it until AFTER he proposed so for us it was just a really yummy dinner. I guess you could say it was used to celebrate the engagement.

Post # 27
    59 posts
    Worker bee

For me, I thought it was a fun way to make something a little different than usual. I cook for us about 5x/week, so I don’t think it made me seem anymore “wifey.” I just had never tried making a roasted chicken, so I figured it couldn’t hurt anything. To be honest, I would guess that most people that make it with the hopes that it will “make him propose,” already have a pretty good idea that the ring is fairly near. I will say this, though. He thanked me multiple times for that dinner… I think the presentation makes it look more difficult than it is! 

Post # 28
    1543 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @Marie10: Most of us Waiting Bees ARE desperate. We are desperately trying NOT to choke/throttle our BF’s/SO’s and asking them/screaming at them “WHY IN THE HELL HAVEN’T YOU ASKED ME TO MARRY YOU YET!?!?!?!?!!?” lol! So this is our passive aggressive (okay,mostly passive) way of venting that ‘desperate’ frustration.

Post # 29
    2203 posts
    Buzzing bee

I made it for the first dinner I cooked for my future-in-laws.

They know I’m not huge into cooking so I think they were pleasantly surprised. Besides the fact the Future Mother-In-Law showed up with frozen pasta dishes “just in case”. Hmph…thanks.

Post # 30
    118 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
    @Wonderwoman217: here here!!  Its just a bit of fun and a really yummy dinner!

Post # 31
    4354 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @Marie10: I doubt the chicken will convince him all at once that we should wed, it’s just for fun and to cross our fingers. A man will ask when he decides to, but there’s no harm in thinking we are helping out.. plus we get a delicious meal!

The topic ‘How many bees have tried making E-Chicken?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors