(Closed) How many brides are having Mom & Dad walk you down the aisle?

posted 8 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - University of Toronto Faculty Club

I’m doing that!  I don’t think it’s weird at all.

Post # 4
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Im going to walk down the asile with my 2 kids there father is the groom and at the end of the asile im going to kiss my mom then kiss my dad.. I felt kinda weird walking down the asile with my parents like they are giving me away because I kinda made that choice awile ago… lol

Post # 5
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My parents walked with me and my husband’s parents walked with him. He’s 41. I think it was great. It wasn’t at all about giving us away – it’s a little about us starting a new family together and a little about them supporting us in our marriage. All four parents stayed standing with us during the ceremony.

Post # 6
403 posts
Helper bee

I’m 34, and I had both my mom and dad walk me down the aisle. I agree that it’s about them supporting us in our marriage. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with age. 🙂

Post # 7
11 posts
Newbee

My mom and dad walked me down the aisle.  The best and easiest decision I ever made for the wedding 🙂

Post # 8
988 posts
Busy bee

I don’t think it is weird at all!! I had them both and it was so special and meaningful to have both of them there!

Post # 9
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Not weird at all. I’m 35, never been married, and both my parents will be walking me down the aisle, too.

Post # 10
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m doing the same thing so I definitely don’t think it’s strange 🙂

Post # 11
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Me and Darling Husband both had both of our parents walk with us down the aisle!

Post # 12
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

I’m 35, and my dad passed away when I was 18. I considered having my mom walk me down the aisle, but instead, the boy and I are going to walk in together.

The topic ‘How many brides are having Mom & Dad walk you down the aisle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors