(Closed) how many cake tiers for 150 guests?

posted 9 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

When I went and ordered my cake, they told me get enough cake to feel half your guests.

so your looking at a cake that feeds about 75, so the tiers depend on how large they will be etc. I am thinking that will be 3 teirs. Mine is 3 and feeding the same.

Post # 4
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Our cake people had us choose our cake, then they keep the number of tiers the same, but make each one a little smaller in diameter for fewer people.  Oddly, you could barely tell the difference between the cake for 100 people and the cake for 150.

Post # 5
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I honestly don’t know the general rule but our cake will be 3 tiers and will feed 150 people (which is not the entire guest list).

Post # 6
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We ordered our cake to serve the entire guest list of 160 and it was 3 tiers. I think they can do pretty much anything you want though, so I’d check with your baker.

Post # 7
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

My cake is for 150 guests and it will be 3 tiers. We also have a groom’s cake for 50. We wanted yummy left overs! We’re having a total of 150 guests.

Post # 8
2681 posts
Sugar bee

I would assume 3 tiers, but it also depends on the size of the tiers.  My wedding was 220 people and did 4 tiers (top tier to save) and a sheet cake in the back just in case.  Ask you bakery, they will be able to tell you how many tiers and what size you need.

Post # 9
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Someone suggested to me that we have a smaller traditional wedding cake and then have several large sheet cakes to feed the other guests. That could really help with costs if that’s an issue and all your guests could still have cake.

The topic ‘how many cake tiers for 150 guests?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors