Post # 1
Our RSVPs are due in just a few days. However, we still haven’t heard from about 50% our invited guests. I am just curious:
1) How many of your guests actually sent in their RSVP by the deadline?
2) Did you have people show up to your wedding who didn’t RSVP?
From this day forward, I promise never, ever to delay in sending an RSVP card for another’s wedding or party!
Post # 3
My RSVP date is in two weeks and I have gotten about 19 of my 80 invites back…like 24% of them back. It is frustrating! Oh and now people who RSVPed ‘No’ are changing their minds. :-/
Post # 4
I’m at just over 50% who have sent them back (we have about a week left before the deadline). We’ll be calling everyone who doesn’t send it back so we have a response from each person. If they show up even after RSVPing ‘No’, there will be no seat and no food for them. Such is life!
Post # 5
Wedding is in 4 weeks, and my RSVP due date is the end of the week.
So far I’ve received about 70% of the RSVPs. A few people have RSVPed to me directly without the cards (my disorganized friends), so that would bring it to having about 25% outstanding. A few of those are people I do not think will come, and a few are local, so they could come.
I’ll probably only follow-up with the local people.
Post # 6
Hey, date twin! I’m in the exact same boat, hovering between 50 and 60% returned RSVPs. My deadline is July 1, and I’m going to track a lot of the delinquents down at a family party on July 4. I’m going to split up the remainder so that I don’t have to be the one calling them all. Future Mother-In-Law will call her guests, Fiance will call his coworkers, my mom will call her older relatives, I’ll call my college friends (or I might email or facebook). I think that there are a lot of people who have talked to Future Mother-In-Law, instead of sending the card in to me.
Post # 7
My due date was june 4th and we have only gotten about half. The ones that were lingering were all ones I assumed would be a no since they live thousands of miles away. Still a nice no would be great.
Post # 8
Thanks bees! Good to know that I am not the only one. I actually got a bunch in today, which is very nice. Then, like a lot of you, I’ll start calling/facebooking/emailing :).
Post # 9
We had about 50% of them by the time the last week rolled around. Everyone waited until the last minute. By the time our deadline came, only about 85% sent their cards in. I had to email and call a whole bunch of people, and some STILL didn’t respond. Others gave me an excuse and not even a “sorry I didn’t respond.” I even put a frickin stamp on it for you!
From my wedding forward, I was never late on an RSVP again.
Post # 10
ahhh… I’m so worried about this my self… I’ll do the same as ya’ll – stamped reply envelope, almost 3 weeks before wedding rsvp wedding deadline… & will follow up w/those who don’t respond… but i have already informed my mother that if there is no rsvp & i can’t reach them for a follow up they will be considered a “no” & there will be no food, liquor or chairs for them (although, they’re free to bring their own)…
On the flip side, she’s afraid of no-one showing up – i said we should have an idea of the “guest count” with the rsvps – but she’s worried that people will rsvp yes – but decide not to come -DOES THIS HAPPEN??? My theory is – if I do have this situation I will send the party who rsvp’ed yes a bill for their portion of catering, bar/liq. & linen rental ($20.00)…….
Post # 11
Ours are due in 2 weeks. We’ve gotten back ~50% of the 91 we sent out. I’m hoping people are just slow, but I know I’m going to have to call some of them. 🙁
Post # 12
Glad to hear I’m not the only one checking the mail every day for RSVP cards and wishing I had an answer either way! I like your idea FutureKMM, no RSVP = no seat and no food. And, I too will send RSVPs immediately from now on. People really have no idea how much planning it takes to seat and feed a hundred guests. It’s exciting though!!
Post # 13
Oh goodness, less than 20% of our guests mailed the RSVP by the deadline! Only a handful, really. By 1 week out we had received maybe half of them back and were literally shaking people down for even a verbal response. It was a nightmare!
Post # 14
My deadline was June 18, so they’ve stopped coming in the mail by now. 80% were returned. Some of the other 20% responded to phone calls, but some never responded to even those and we had to pull the old “if you don’t respond by x, we’re putting you down as a no.”
Post # 15
Just out of curiousity – did any of you do online RSVPs? I am seeing so many more of these and it is certainly more convenient and cheap.
Post # 16
@Mrs.KMM: my thoughts exactly