(Closed) How many serious relationships did you have before meeting your current SO?

posted 6 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: How many serious relationships did you have before meeting your current SO?
    none : (44 votes)
    28 %
    one : (45 votes)
    28 %
    two : (35 votes)
    22 %
    three : (17 votes)
    11 %
    four : (7 votes)
    4 %
    five : (2 votes)
    1 %
    5+ : (9 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 16
    2013 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Two; first was my high school boyfriend (ages 15-17, he was 16-18). Then I met my 2nd while I was in college, we dated on and off for 2 years (ages 18-20, he was 19-21), then I met my Fiance right before I turned 21. Been together 6 years.

Post # 17
    768 posts
    Busy bee

First Boyfriend or Best Friend 2 years and second guy (ex-h) almost 5 years

Post # 18
    7892 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I didn’t really date much as I am a bit of a social hermit and previously a staunch spinster type. Then I decided to try out online dating and met Fiance. We met in our late 20s. I think I have a pretty good track record!

Post # 19
    178 posts
    Blushing bee

I was a bit of a late bloomer, so I didn’t meet my handsome man until I was almost 21. He is the only relationship I’ve had, and we’re going strong after four years together!

Post # 20
    Hostess
    8574 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2014

3 serious relationships that lasted at least 3 years each, and a few smaller romances that didn’t really go anywhere.

Post # 21
    2116 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    bluesparkles:  i met DH at 19…. i had never had a “serious” boyfriend. i was in a long on and off again terrible relationship where i thought i was in love, i just didnt know any better. it is odd that technically DH is my first and my last “real boyfriend”. 

Post # 22
    621 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
    bluesparkles:  My husband and I have been together since we were 14! We are each others longest and most serious relationship 😛

Post # 23
    2959 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

I had a serious boyfriend in high school. When I was 20 I started a 3 year relationship with a guy who I married and divorced when I was 23. 

I met DH when I was 24, and now I am 30.

Post # 24
    18 posts
    Newbee

None, we met through mutual friends during the end of our senior year of school, at 17-18. 21 now and things keep getting better for us. We’ve been together through moving (seperately and together), university, job loss etc. 

Looking at getting married at 22-23. Couldn’t be happier.

Post # 25
    3083 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    bluesparkles:  I had two pretty serious relationships before i met SO. One during High School and another when i was 18 for a year and a half. That second one was really a doozy – such a horrible time in my life. 

I met SO right before my 21st birthday. 

Post # 26
    959 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I had one serious boyfriend before I met DH. I dated my HS boyfriend for about 2.5 years, half during HS and part of my freshman year at college. I thought I would marry him, but it 100% ended for the better. That was a disaster to put it lightly. DH and I have been together for 4.5 years and married for one of those 🙂

Post # 27
    233 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: Banquet hall

Fiance has been my only serious relationship, only relationship actually. I had kind of a strict screening policy in high school; I only wanted to date men I had the potential of marrying. I always viewed dating as courtship, though it wasn’t instilled in me by a church or anything. I grew up in a small town and you never escape exes, so I wanted to know for sure I guess. Fiance was a classmate of mine beginning at age 13. I always had a fondness for him, but the summer before junior year it became a hard-core crush. I was up late watching a romantic movie and it just hit me. Why wasn’t I dating him? He was perfect! I hadn’t even seen him in months, the epiphany just struck. I was sixteen.

Fiance and I talked for three months before he asked me out on a proper date. He asked me to be his girlfriend a week later. Five years later, to the day, he asked me to be his wife. We’ll have been together 6.5 years at the wedding.

I don’t regret not having other relationships. Everything clicked early for us. He had two middle school girlfriends, but those relationships lasted only a week or two. I was friends with other crushes of mine before finding out things didn’t click, so I’m glad I didn’t pursue them further.

Post # 28
    263 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

My Fiance and I met when I was 18, he was 19. He was my first boyfriend.  7 years later, and I can’t wait until he is my hubby.

Post # 29
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

0.. I was 15 when I started dating FI! well, sure I had a couple of “bfs” before but nothing serious.

Post # 30
    570 posts
    Busy bee

4ish before I met my Fiance. We met when I was 26.

The topic ‘How many serious relationships did you have before meeting your current SO?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors