Post # 16
- Wedding: April 2017 - City, State
Just one, my Fiance. I’m defining “serious” as being in a relationship that I thought/hoped would result in marriage. So while I had other relationships, I wouldn’t consider any of them serious since I didn’t expect any of them to end in marriage.
Post # 17
Hard to define serious, so I’ll say 2.
- One was a 3 year relationship spanning the end of highschool and the first few years of university. Even though I was young, you can’t really say any 3 year relationship wasn’t serious. Plus, even though I wouldn’t call him my “first love,” I learned so much from that relationship about the kind of partner I wanted to have. I don’t think I would have recognized how wonderful Darling Husband was without all the learning I had from that (very wrong for me) boyfriend.
- The other was my relationship with my Darling Husband who I’ve been with since the end of university.
I had one other that I would maybe consider serious since he was my first real boyfriend and had a big impact on me, but I didn’t count it since it was only 6 months and I was only 16.
Post # 19
I pretty much consider anything around a year to be serious. I’m 34. My fiance is the 4th serious relationship on my adulthood. 🙂
Post # 20
SO is pretty much my one and only in terms of serious relationships. I did the ambiguous high school dating thing, but once I had him, that was it!
Post # 21
- Wedding: May 2018- Stan Hywet Gardens
2, included current Fiance.
Post # 22
Just 1 – my Fiance. Dated here and there, nothing serious.
I had fun dating, but nobody ever really seemed that special or spot on, for me. He’s the peanut butter to my jelly.
Post # 23
I would say 1.5. My husband, obviously, the only man I ever wanted to marry, have children with, live together, combine finances and integrate our lives, but also a guy I dated for a year when I lived overseas. He had baby mama drama so it wasn’t going to end in marriage but it was the first time I fell in love. Then I had four weird kinda dating on and off undefined things in college and post-college.
Darling Husband had three relationships besides me I would consider serious (they were together for a year plus, he loved them, considered marrying them) and two more casual ones (a HS one and an adult one).
Post # 24
I dated a lot and a handful were around 6 months. My husband is the only one I’ve been with for over a year and we’ve been together for 6 years.
Post # 25
squirrelly1982 : I’m counting 1+ years with serious intent as well. And I’ve also had 4, my fiance being my 4th and final serious relationship.
1. High school senior year to freshman year of college. Very emotional and dramatic relationship. Looking back, we were so young! What were we doing?!
2. Nearly 3 years in college and during my medical leave from school.
3. 1.5 years in my early 20s, started out as an exciting new relationship and quickly deteriorated into a very unhealthy/emotionally abusive relationship.
I took a breaks from pursuing anything serious in between each of the above relationships. None of them, obviously, worked out and most weren’t great for me at the time, but I learned a lot about myself and how to navigate the world, both in a relationship and more importantly, alone.
I met my fiance just before I turned 24 and we will be married in 3 months when we are 28!
Post # 26
Let’s see: my first relationship was at 21 and lasted about a year. It was marriage-oriented, so I consider that serious. The next one was with my ex husband, who I started dating at 24, married at 27, and divorced at 37. I started dating my current Boyfriend or Best Friend at age 38 and am now 41. Those are the ones I would consider serious. Had a few flings in between.
Post # 27
I dated a few guys (all briefly) before meeting my husband at 18, so he’s the only person I’ve had a serious romantic relationship with.
Post # 28
I am 25 and have had 3 serious relationships.
I hardly count the first because we started dating at 17 and I broke up with him after one year. We had known each other since we were 7 years old though.
Number 2 I started dating at 20 and it lasted (on and off, anyway) for 2.5 years. That one is wayyyy too much to detail here but I will just say we were not compatible.
Number 3 is my fiance.
Post # 29
- Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE
I consider serious to mean while I was an adult, had my own place, car, etc. That would put me at 2: my current SO and one ex. I was in a couple of long-term relationships before that (including one where I got “engaged” at 17) but I don’t consider any of them to be serious because I was under 18 and wasn’t really an adult, and therefore not capable of having a serious relationship. My SO and I got together when I was 21, definitely adult lol
Post # 30
Fiance is my first and only serious relationship and I’m his only relationship. We got together at 18 and I wouldn’t consider anyone I dated in high school serious at all.