Post # 1
I am beginning my search for venues and booking appointments for tours in the coming weeks.
How many venue tours is too many?? I know you should look until you find the perfect one, but I feel like I am going to overwhelm myself if I look at too many and they’re all going to turn into the same thing.
How many venues did you tour? Should I give myself a set number to see?
Post # 2
- Wedding: October 2020 - Concord, Ontario
We looked at 4 and then we decided on one
Post # 3
We looked at three and knew as soon as we went to the third it was the one
Post # 4
We looked at 2, only because my parents made me. I always knew my venue lol. It’s the one thing I had before the groom and fortunately he agreed!
Post # 5
- Wedding: February 2020 - Windermere, Cumbria
We looked at 4. 3 we had appointments for and the last one we visited on the off-chance – and that ended up being the one!
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2020 - Clarksville, VA
We visited one. My dream venue was way too expensive and ours is the only one that was affordable and somewhat inclusive.
Post # 7
We looked at two. There are loads of wedding venues in my area, and I got prices from some of them, but they were all much too expensive.
There was only one venue we found which had the facilities and prices we were after, so that was it. I recommend thinking of maybe one or two things that are REALLY important to you in a venue and weeding out venues based on that? EG we needed any venue to be less than $X per head, so that we could invite all the people we wanted to invite, a large dance floor, and less than an hour from where we lived. That cut it down massively.
Post # 8
The venue I really wanted is too far from my home. My parents really requested it to be closer for easier travelling through traffic which I totally understand.
So I visit 2 and booked both of them, I will have ceremony and reception at different venue. Both are close to home.
I think you have to see priority. If the location is important to you or you don’t mind travelling but it has to be x and y. Choose what you prioritize first then go and visit what falls into your priority. for me I maybe think too much for the guests, I don’t want the guests to stuck in traffic and can’t enjoy much of reception so I prioritize the location first.
Post # 9
- Wedding: September 2014 - Jacksonville Inn
We did an enormous amount of online research before visiting 1 venue. It’s not easy finding the right venue for a 20 person wedding, but we ended up in the perfect place!
Post # 10
I did a ton of reseesrch online before booking tours. We only looked at two but we knew the first one was our venue right away but the second tour was already booked so we still went.
Post # 11
1. I think you need to not use the word “perfect”. That is setting yourself up to look at dozens of places and never be happy.
2. Sit down with your SO (and anyone else financially contributing to the venue) to figure out your needs and priorities first. What is your budget? How big is your guest list? What things are most important to you so that when push comes to shove you have a way of ranking venues. Is cost more in important than having an outdoor area to take pictures? Do you prefer all-inclusive or want to be able to bring in your own caterer and other vendors? Is handicap accessibility or parking important? Do you have a lot of out of town guests who need something close to the hotel or at least a shuttle option?
3. Take all that criteria and research research research online or make phone calls or send emails. There is no point looking at and potentially falling in love with venues outside your budget or that can’t accommodate grandma’s wheelchair or can’t fit your entire guest list.
4. Rank them based off your criteria and I would start with visits to only your top two or three. If you absolutely find all two or three of those top choices unacceptable then move down to the runner up on your list.
Post # 12
We looked at 5. My mom is paying so she picked her favorite which we like as well. All the venues are within 25 miles of where we live. bizzzzzzzy :
Post # 13
- Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn
bizzzzzzzy : One lol. We knew it was the one we wanted so we jumped on it.
Post # 14
I got a ton of quotes and then we looked at three.
Post # 15
i only officially toured one, and considered a few others. i got married in my hometown so i had been to events at a lot of the popular choices.